10

Yvonne

I start to move around and eventually, I hear Freddy groan.

"You're supposed to be resting kitten, not waking me up." He says with a slight smile as he looks at me with groggy blue eyes.

When I go to talk, still nothing comes out.

'What happened?' I asked Harriet as I closed my eyes.

'I took it as a bit of a surprise.' She whispers as I can hear the sadness in her voice.

'I get that, but why can't I talk?' I ask almost fearful to hear the answer.

'When you blacked out, it's because I took control. I went on a huge rant about how dumb he is for doing that to his pack. Afterwards, I felt a stinging sensation and passed out.' She says with a sigh.

'Don't ever do that again Harriet, you could people lives at risk, I need to be at least able to see what is happening. Never completely block me out again. Not anymore. ' I say sternly, assessing the delicate situation.

'I know Yvonne, I won't.' I hear the sorrow in her voice as she pulls back into the back of my mind and seemingly goes to sleep.

I sigh and open my eyes, I slip out of Freddy's grasp and sit up. He seems to have fallen asleep again.

I can't help but smile as I cautiously get out of the bed, careful not to wake him. With a breath of relief, I walk over to the bathroom in the corner of the room and close the door, leaving a blockade between Freddy and me.

In the mirror, I'm surprised what I see. My eyes, bright red while a mark sits on the right side of my face, starting at my cheekbone right before the hairline. An imprinted dagger in black with what looks to be blood dripping from the tip.

"Can my appearance stop changing yet!" I yell to myself as I slam my hands down on the counter, causing it to crack beneath my hands.

I look at my hands with wide eyes and inspect my limbs to find a significant amount of more muscle mass on them. 'What the hell?' I think to myself as I run my hands through my hair.

As events of the encounter before I passed out run back into my head, I think of the hooded man. "Scott," I mumble throwing the bathroom door open.

Hurriedly, I walk out of the hospital room, disregarding the confused Freddy, and right out of the hospital.

I take a deep breath and follow the faint scent of the head warrior that runs through my mind. When I reach the pack house, I find Scott lounging on the couch, talking to Jay and Jude.

"You better do some f*cking explaining because I don't like waking up every few days looking different. And usually, it has something to do with you or your pack in some way." I growl out, pointing an accusing finger at Scott.

"From what I've heard, it's a sign that you are meant to be our true alpha. That is probably why you and Luke were 'mated' to begin with, just something to get you there." He said standing, putting his hands up in surrender.

"I get the tattoo, but why the eyes," I ask with a sigh, running my hands down my face.

"Just another sign, blood, for what's supposed to be the most ruthless alpha, which was Luke." He answers pointing his eyes down.

"Who's taking care of the pack right now?" I ask, a bit calmer now.

"Fay, but she is in no position to uphold the responsibility. She didn't know who I was coming to get, but I told her our leader." He said valiantly, looking up and meeting my eyes.