13

Yvonne

As everyone slept, I could not. I was still blocking Harriet out and I could feel her pacing, she wanted something. I don't want to let her back in because I was afraid of her taking over completely and doing something rash to either Zach or some other innocent soul.

So instead, I sit on the roof of my pack house, looking towards the guest house. I see the Alpha floor and I see Pico and Tucker sitting awake talking about something. I wonder what's keeping them up?

****

When morning came around, I made sure everyone was fed and all participants for the game had their correct uniforms. Each pack had their own colours for their uniforms. They are as follows:

Blue Moon- Black and blue
Scarlet moon- Black and grey
Sentenial Night walker-Purple and black
Blue Shadow- Blue and white
Dusk Keeper-orange and black
Bloodhounds- Red and black

Our uniforms were multi-pieced to fit into the active nature of the games, they were also made with a fabric developed so they wouldn't rip when someone shifted. Shorts, a tank top, a light raincoat for the rainy days and of course a sports bra for the women. Although there weren't that many women involved this year.

After putting my own on, I put the coat on and left it open and went downstairs to meet the others in the field. Today, the event was fighting in 'wolf' form. As Alpha, I was set to go first and be of the example of how it's done. I was lucky enough to be paired against Pico.

When I stepped outside, I realized it was raining. I sighed and did my coat up, putting the hood up before continuing to the field. When I reached, I find all the Alphas standing in the centre. When I approached, they all looked my way and stayed silent. One gaze was different, Tucker, he seemed occupied. I had the urge to ask him why but I shook it off.

"Is everyone ready?" I ask with a voice completely void of any emotion.

"The question is, are you ready to face me?" Pico asks with a smirk, his cockiness showing through a bit and I can't help but chuckle a bit.

"I'm always ready to take down someone like you," I say with a smirk of my own. "Well, let's get this on the road shall we?" I ask looking at the crowd around me. They all start to hoot and holler and the others leave the ring.

I walk to the side and find Justin and Scott standing together.

"Hold onto this please, I'll try and drag it out so it's not quick," I say with a smirk, handing my coat, leaving me in shorts and a sports bra.

They both nod to me before I turn around and find Pico standing there, deathly looking, shirtless and in his blue and white shorts. I nod to him as well before he morphs into a large, sandy brown wolf. I smirk before shifting into my panther, Harriet's icy blue eyes taking over my own.

'Finally! There's something I need to tell you!' She says as I finally let her out.

'Not now, after,' I say shortly before lunging at him. One thing I do need to keep in mind is that this is not meant to harm him. I have to keep him intact by the end of it.

He quickly side steps and easily evades my attack. I circle him and growl in his direction as I see him smirking, he must think he's bested me. I hiss before ducking at the sudden lunge. When something pangs in my chest, I stop in my place.

'Rogues! Alpha they are in sector five! They're the size of a pack.'One of the warrior's mind links me.

'All warriors shift and defend sector five. Justin and Barry get all the women and children to the pack house.' I say quickly as I shift back and look to the unknowing crowd.