Chapter 9

This chapter is a little koo koo I didn't like writing it. It was too dramatic. Here it is.

 I was still in my room and people were still laughing at me or what someone said. I got up walking down stairs. Every body tried to stifle giggles, from the look Niall was making it looks like he was going to burst. 

“You guys don’t have to hold it back.” I pouted crossing my arms across my chest. The all burst out laughing. 

“It wasn’t funny at all.” I plopped down on a pillow that was lying on the floor. They stopped after like 5 minutes. Too long. We sat there for quite a while. 

“So what should we do?” I asked looking around. My eyes landed on the fire place. I remember putting something there put I don’t know what. I got up moving towards it. 

“What are you doing?” Natalie asked probably looking at me. I turned around.

“I seriously remember putting something in here. No lie.” I said turning back around. I moved the gate out the way crouching down I looked up and down to the ground I saw a picture. What is with pictures today? I picked it up. My heart froze everything froze. 

*Flashback*

I just found out my parents died and I’m only 9! This isn’t possible. I cried myself to sleep every single day now. My gran sometime helps but not always. I have nightmares of how it probably played out. I got up walking over to my dresser. It was a picture of me and my parents. We were taking a picture at my aunt’s wedding. I didn’t want to tear it I had to put it some where so I couldn’t find it but where? I thought and thought. The fireplace. I snuck downstairs placing it under some fake burning wood. Me and my gran never use it anyways so I chose this place.

*End of flashback*

I dropped it back down stepping backwards. Why did I have to find it? 

“Mel what’s wrong?” Natalie asked concern was sketched across her face, she and Zayn was the only people who knew about dad and mum. Zayn was there to try to cheer me up. I never told anyone where it was not even the people I trusted. I forgot about it some how but I don’t know how.

“I found it.” I whispered. I stepped back again tears brimmed my eyes. 

“You found what?” Zayn asked from his seat on the couch. I went back to go get it and sat it on the coffee table. Everyone gathered around it. I went upstairs walking up the stairs slowly. I thought I forgot all about it. 

“Melissa.” I heard Zayn say from behind me or at the bottom of the staircase. 

“I don’t know how I remember.” I whispered again. I went up step by step. 

“I know but you gotta let that pass.” He said has he took my hand. I can’t let it pass my parents died. 

“I can’t. I can’t. I can’t. I can’t forget about my parents it comes back to haunt me now a days.” I said the tears finally coming down. 

“Mel look-” He said. 

“Where is gran?” I asked cutting him off. I forgot that he 

“She said she was going to sleep when you was chasing Natalie.” He said, he came up the stairs to me grabbing my hand. He rubbed his thumb against my hand for reassurance, this makes me think of my dad. When I would cry he would grab my hand. My mum was more of a hugger. But my daddy, I was a daddy and mummy girl. I was more of a daddy’s girl. I just miss him. I broke down in tears collapsing on the stairs bringing Zayn with me. I cried and cried an cried. 

“Why did then even leave me?” I ask out of random for no one to answer. 

“I don’t know I know they didn’t mean to.” He said. Rubbing small circles on my back in a friendly gesture. My mom gave me these hugs, this made me cry even harder. By the time  was done sweating my eyes out I was hiccuping and I hate it when I do this. I can’t do this. I can’t do this.