Chapter 1

I woke feeling like I slept on a rock, but I wasn’t I was sleeping on my Gran’s couch or my couch since I live here I don’t know. I walked in the kitchen finding my Gran at the stove. 

“Hey Gran!” I yelled she jumped a little by my voice, like seriously I scare you?

“Oh hey darling. You scared me for a second.” She said holding her chest.

“For a second are you sure it wasn’t a life time?” I said laughing. 

“No it was like 5 minutes dear.” She said turning back around.

“So what’s for break of the fast?” I said plopping down in a chair. 

“We are having pancakes, eggs, and sausage!” She yelled waving the spatula in the air. 

“YAY!” I said yelled. 

“So Gran what are we going to do today.” I said.

“Sorry what was that I saw your mouth moving but no words.” She said, now my Gran is deaf in on of her ears not sure which one but she just said ‘I’m deaf in one of my ears.’ I know very specific. 

“I said so Gran what are we going to do today!” I yelled this time. 

“Oh well tonight is Bingo Night at that Elderly Home down the street and the house is yours no parties, or anything  at this house unless you have about 5 or less people over and make sure I know them well.”  She sternly says. She says this to me every time so none of this new wupee! My friends say that I have the best Gran because she says I can have anyone over, well that’s because she can trust me. 

“Can I go shopping with some of my friends in London?” I asked, and as in friends I mean Natalie.

“Yeah sure but make sure you are in the house by 10:30.” She said placing a plate in front of me. 

“And wait a second which friend is this?” She asks in her funny old british way.

“Natalie.” I say. She smiles Natalie is like her favorite out of all of my friends. 

“Really maybe you should inviter her over now?” She says smiling from ear to ear.

“Gran your going to steal her away from me!” I joke. She laughs. 

“No she is just my favorite out your group of friends.” She states. Like I said. 

“Honey what was that?” She asks, was I seriously just speak my own thoughts out loud! Creepy right?

“Nothing.” I say and going back to eating my breakfast, we both eat in silence. As if you know I can’t hold silence for very long.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1-” Gran says pointing towards me.