Chapter 14

I woke up with mumbles from people, I rubbed my eyes stretching. I slid my legs down to the floor still not opening my eyes, I leaned my head back to the couch and sighed. 

“What time is it?” My voice barely above a whisper.

“9:32.” Someone answers, I nod getting up to the kitchen. I pulled out an apple munching on it going back to the living room. I plopped down and closed my eyes all of a sudden me getting an headache I rub in between my eyes hoping it will get a little better. 

“Okay how bout we all keep it down, because I have an headache so can we please just whisper.” I whisper, I could feel some of them nod understandingly. I lay back down continuing to eat my apple.  

“Natalie we’re stopping at the morgue tomorrow for...” I stop a tear sliding down my face. “For gran’s outfit.” I managed out of my mouth, I whimper at how I have no immediate family yeah I have the boys and Natalie. But it just isn’t the same anymore. All of a sudden a very loud ringing comes from Zayn’s pants, he looks at the screen before answering it.

“Hey babe.” He begins, “I’ll be outside.” He tells us, I just watch him leave. Then I just remember that we start school tomorrow again. 

“Oh shoot!” I yell, quickly sitting up. 

“Can someone toss me the phone?” I ask frantically, Niall tosses it to me from the base. I dial the school’s number and it rings for a very long time. Finally someone answers. 

“Hello this is University of London office.” The lady says, I can tell she’s tired just from over the phone. 

“Yes hi I’m a student that goes to Uni of London. I was just calling to say that I would be taking some days off from the of my gran.” I try to sound as professional as ever. 

“And who is this?” The office attendant asks.

“Melissa Burdam.” I tell her, I can hear typing coming from the other side of the phone. 

“Okay I will notify your professors.” She says tiredly, I nod and smile.

“Thank you and have a nice night.” I say before hanging up, Natalie eyes widened. 

“Oh my god I totally forgot about that! Hand me the phone.” She says, I tossed her the phone and finishing my last bite of my apple. I get up tossing it in the rubbish can. I lay face down, smothering my face in the couch, I hear Natalie talking into the phone like she was a business woman. She hangs up and smiles, then her smile fades. 

“What’s wrong Natalie?” I ask sitting up, I try to find a comfortable position for a couple of minutes then I stopped. She points her head towards the staircase for me to follow her, I nod and wait for her to get up then I follow after her. I stand there waiting for her to begin.

“Natalie.” I say, she’s not keeping eye contact so something has to be big. All of a sudden she pulls me into her arms and cries on my shoulder, I’m a inch taller than her so it’s a little better I guess. Her body shook, and I hugged her rocking side to side. I lead her to my room and crack the door, and we sit on my bed she’s done crying but tears still come from her eyes.