b o n u s - 29-06-14

First chapter I've ever written (in all my books) in third person so it might be a bit all over the place

Cass had gotten dressed for her usual day with Tanya, who had insisted that she came today rather than her scheduled appointment.

She said a quick goodbye to her mum who still looked at her with disappointed eyes, something she had gotten used to after her outburst. After closing the door and eyeing the driveway, the boy who had yet to return her revealing letter was sat down in her garden with a blanket and box held in his hands.

''Cass!'' he chirped, his vanilla voice whisking away the silence.

''Niall. I-I didn't know you were coming.'' Cass hoped his tone meant that he had felt the same way about her and not here to laugh in her face and leave her hurt.

''I wasn't,'' He spotted her confused face and decided to expatiate, ''I was going to write you a letter and leave it here for you, but then I wouldn’t be able to spend time with you.''

Cass grinned as her insides warmed up, willingly discarding all her doubtful thoughts. "So, where’s the letter?"

"That’s the thing, no letter this time, but I did bring a song that basically stole my copyrighted feelings for you." He grinned back and took her hand, leading her towards her backyard.

The silence formed slowly and she began to crave his voice again, ''This sort of reminds me of the other day, I sat out here with the cigarettes remaining from the park and the song on repeat.''

Niall dropped the blanket on the floor and looked at her apologetically, the fact that she had waited for him all day while all he did was drop of his art assignment and get so high, he thought his friend Harry was big foot.

''I'm really sorry, I'm such a dick, Cass, I really am.'' His voice got husky and sent Cass over the edge as she tried to compose herself.. 

''You don’t have to keep apologizing Niall, things happen.'' She sent a smile that didn’t reach the eyes before it dropped back.

Niall had mimicked her smile as he spread the thin blanket down and laid on it, with his feet out on the grass from the infant sized cloth, urging Cass to do the same.

''What song was it?'' Cass' head jerked sideways and matched his eyes. 

''Pardon?'' 

He chuckled and turned his head towards her, meeting her wide eyes. ''The song you had on that day, what was it?''

''I Wanna Be Yours.''

‘‘Ironically, mine's Do I Wanna Know?''

Cass smiled to herself, skimming through the lyrics in her head and smiling so hard her cheeks began to burn.

''Hey, maybe Arctic Monkeys could be our band.''

''Maybe letter writing could be our thing.''

They both grinned at each other, Cass fidgeting, excited to release all her flooding emotions to Elliot, Niall smiling at her smile.

He finally reached over to the aged CD player and put the song on, handing Cass one of his cigarettes which she undoubtedly accepted.

They both breathed in sync with the heavy chords.

I dreamt about you nearly every night this week 

Cass glanced over at Niall sheepishly and rubbed her leg against his, hoping that she had crossed his thoughts at least half as often as he did hers.