Chapter 32

*SAMS POV*

I sit on the couch and cry and the door opens.

"You didn't lock it." Hayes said walking inside

"Get out!" I yelled starting to run upstairs

"Babe, wait." He grabbed my arm and I tried yanking it away.

"Let go of me Hayes."

"Why are you mad!?"

"Why am I, WHY AM I MAD!?" He looked shocked at me yelling. "You promised." I mumbled before pulling my arm away and running upstairs.

"What?" He said following me

"You promised! You said you will show me around, take me to my classes, help me with my locker, make sure I had somewhere to sit at lunch. But guess what Hayes!? Today I got lost, couldn't find my classes, couldn't open my locker, and sat in the hallway during lunch ALONE!" Tears were threatening to pour out of my eyes any moment now.

"I didn't want people to not like me anymore because I hung out with the new girl."

"Well guess what Hayes!? You don't have to worry about that anymore! Because you don't have to hang out with me, in fact don't even talk to me."

"But I'm your boyfriend!!"

"Not anymore." I whispered

"Sam please! I'm sorry. Tomorrow I'll-" I cut him off

"Tomorrow is to late, today was when you should have cared about me. This is it Hayes. I'm done."

"Sam no! I'll tell everyone that I'm friends with you and we are going out and I'll show you to your classes and... Please." A tear slipped from his eye.

"I think you should just leave." I turned around and start walking away

"Sam if this really is it, the last time you will talk to me or let me talk to you... I want you to know I love you and push me away as much as you want, I'll love you forever." I can't. He's to much. This is to much... We are to much.

"I'm sorry Hayes... But us being together isn't working. You don't want to talk to me, you don't have to. I'll see you around." I shut my door to my room and heard him walk out.

***

I walked to school. Tried to figure out my locker, managed to find my class and sat down. The kid in front of me turned around and smiled. I smiled back but he turned back around I guess not really wanting to start a conversation. I got through my classes. Being shoved several times though. Ugh the worst part of the day, lunch.

I sat at a empty table in the corner by the windows in the cafeteria. No lunch. No friends. No smile. I would die to be home right now. Talking to my three friends was enough.

"This seat taken?"