The Idol and the Hotel Bedroom

"Hey, can't you just, not go in today?" I asked, laying still to try and cox him into staying with me.

"You know I can't leave them, I'm Ezekiel Jones, they'd probably die without me," he said, rolling off the bed and picking up his shirt from the floor. I smiled, knowing that he loved his job, even though it never gave him much peace. "What if I said, that I'd call in sick, and then you said you had to look after me?" I asked, cheekily smirking at him. He gave me his crooked smile, and if he wasn't doing his shoelaces I would've kissed him.

"You can't do that, they'd get suspicious, and you know I can't do that either. They don't know where I am, I'm not supposed to have connections outside the," he tailed off, giving me a sad look, "outside the Library." he finished.

I propped myself up using my elbow, "At least I'm willing to go MIA for a day or two," I said, pouting so that he'd kiss me again. "Yeah, but the people I work with, they wouldn't understand," he said, ignoring my lips and trying to fix his hair using his phone screen. I pouted more, feeling ignored.

"Who cares? I mean, from what you've told me they've all had liaisons with people. Why should you be different?" I said, watching as he looked at everything but me.

"Yeah but that always happened when we were, on missions and stuff, and they only lasted a couple of days at least," he went to grab his sweatshirt from the end of the bed, but i snatched it out of his reach. "No," I said, holding the sweatshirt close to me. He looked me in the eyes before giving up. "Alright, but if they ask where my sweatshirt's gone I don't know what I'm going to say," he said, giving me another crooked smile.

"You could say it was stolen," I said, giving him a cheeky smile this time. He faked shock before saying, "Ezekiel Jones, Master Thief, I don't think so," he giggled slightly as he looked at me, covered in a pale blue sheet and clutching his sweatshirt like it was my life. He knelt on the edge of the bed, wrapping his arms around me and pulled me closer. I snuggled, listening to his heartbeat and knowing that he didn't want to leave any more than I did. But we both knew that we had things to do, and people to distract, so that we could save the world together and have our moments like this.

"I've gotta get back to the Library, it's been longer than usual. Plus I think Cassandra's noticed I've been slipping away," he said to me, kissing me on the forehead before sliding off the bed. He looked at the gold idol on the night stand and picked it up. "I better take this too," he said, smirking, "What are you going to tell them?" he asked me, knowing that I'd probably get into trouble when I returned.

"I'll just say that the idol wasn't there, that it must have been stolen by robbers a while ago. Maybe hit them with a little persuasion magic. They've believed me this far," I said, smiling at him. I lifted my arms towards him, grabbing the air to make him come towards me again. He did as I wanted, coming into my arms where I could kiss his cheek. "Good luck today," I said, like I always did when we had to get back to work. "Good luck today," he said back, kissing me again on the forehead before he opened the door to our hotel bathroom and disappeared into the blue light. I sighed heavily, another day, another deception i had to pull over my bosses.