Jenkins Gets A Call

Jenkins watched Stone disappear before he got his phone out of his pocket. An odd gift from Ezekiel last Christmas, it was a small 'touch' phone. Jenkins had never used it, partly because he didn't know how, but mostly because he didn't want to ask Ezekiel to teach him. Just as the smoke had shown him, the thing was ringing.

Jenkins pressed the green circle and held it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Ahoy Ahoy!" Came a reply.

Jenkins frowned. "Edison knew that was a stupid way to answer the phone. I reminded him so many time-,"

"Just listen," said the person.

Jenkins knew who they were, of course he did.

"I'm listening." He said.

"Do you have tea?"

Jenkins looked around him. "No."

"You're going to need tea," the person said.

Jenkins scoffed. "What is this?"

"I'll wait." the person said.

Jenkins rolled his eyes and fired up the kettle he always kept in his lab. He made his tea and spoke again.

"Alright, what's going on?" Jenkins said.

"Drink some tea." the person instructed.

Jenkins grumbled but he did as he was told. "What's going on?"

"Well, seeing as you've boiled the kettle...," the person said.

The perimeter alarms screamed into existence. Jenkins jumped at the sound, uncharacteristcally spilling his tea. He couldn't believe it. A ruined suit, and now he had company. Hopefully the Librarians had gotten Ezekiel back by now. He could hear them calling his name from the Annex, so he didn't have time to change before he went to answer the door.