Faith in Jenkins

The Librarians and Baird ran to catch up with Jenkins. He'd turned the perimeter alarm off as he'd left the room, and was still bouncing down the hallway to get to the front door.

"Jenkins?" Baird asked.

Jenkins was opening the door before any of them could speak. And then Jenkins was bending down to hug someone. He invited them inside and closed the door.

"Hey!" Cassandra called.

"Jenkins what is up with you man?!" Stone asked.

Ezekiel was quiet. He'd stopped before the others had, too tired to run, but now he was ready to run the other direction. He recognised the person who'd come to see Jenkins. More importantly, he was the only one of them that recognised her. More importantly than that, they didn't remember her because of the trouble she'd caused last time. Obviously she was desperate, coming to see Jenkins herself because she didn't trust him to ask about Lancelot and Guinevere.

Ezekiel screwed up his face and stormed away into the annex. The others didn't see him leave, they were all too concerned with Jenkins visitor to notice.

"Colonel Baird, Cassandra Killian, Jacob Stone, this is an old friend of mine." Jenkins said.

"An old friend?" Stone said, then he wiggling his eyebrows, "Oh! An old friend, huh Jenkins?"

"You're calling yourself Jenkins now?" The visitor giggled, "How original."

"Who are you, exactly?" Baird asked.

"You're not someone famous are you?" Cassandra asked quietly, "I'd hate to not know who you were."

"Oh! Don't worry about that," the visitor smiled, "No one really believed women existed before the Renaissance anyway. My name is Morella."

"It's nice to meet you," Cassandra smiled at her.

"You too. Man, I wish I'd came to visit sooner, this place is amazing." Morella said, looking around as they reached the annex.

"Like you've never seen a library before," snapped Ezekiel from a dark corner.

Morella frowned, feigning perfect innocence infront of the others.

"I'm sorry," Jenkins said, leading Morella to introduce Ezekiel. "The youngest of the Librarians, Ezekiel Jones. Mr. Jones, this is Morella."

Ezekiel glanced up at her briefly and scoffed. "Morella, what kinda name is that?"

Jenkins looked about to scold him for his manners, but Morella continued like she hadn't heard his tone. "It means death, actually. Edgar Allan Poe was especially fond of me." She smiled.

"Wait! I knew it!" Stone said, bouncing towards her. "Morella, as in the Morella?!"

"Who's the Morella?" Baird asked.

"She was a character in one of Edgar Allan Poe's short stories. A man marries a woman who is obsessed with books. Then there's a whole reincarnation bit where she becomes their daughter. Scholars believe he made the name up using Latin and Spanish names, but if that's you!"

"That's me," Morella grinned. "Unfortunately I did have to do a little reincarnation of my own to get out of our marriage. I was getting too much attention because I wasn't aging."

"You were married?" Cassandra asked.

"You married Edgar Allan Poe?!" Stone exclaimed.

"I was only married to Poe-boy briefly. I was married a couple of times, over the centuries," Morella glanced up at Jenkins, "Though that was after I stopped traveling with Galahad."