Escaping the Neandethal

"YOU! ARROGANT! CHEATING! LITTLE!" Du Lac roared, his spindly hands clasping tightly around my neck, pushing me against the wall harshly. I squirmed under his grasp, determined not to say anything. I might have stolen a priceless artefact from the Library, wiped Lamias' memory and was keeping it secret from Ezekiel, but I wasn't going to betray them by telling the Serpent Brotherhood how I managed to do it.

"THIEF!" Du Lac spat at me, finally dropping me and skulking back to his desk, "You steal from The Library itself, and you won't TELL US HOW TO GET IN!!!" I wanted to smile and make a remark like 'that's why Ezekiel and Jenkins both love me' but I didn't, knowing Du Lac would just use it to hurt me more. I gotten used to the physical violence, and the emotional manipulation, but I knew that giving him something like that would give him the means of hurting me that he wanted.

"Aphrodite's Girdle," he then whispered, picking up the gold artefact with two hands and admiring it.
"I thought you could use something nice and shiny," I said, using some of my own cunning. He gave me a harsh look, a growl escaping him before he set it down again.

"Duncan!" He called, and suddenly a big, tattooed guy with thick leather clothes on appeared through the door. He looked at Du Lac with a knowing smile, before he turned to me, his eyes roaming down my body before looking in my eyes. I turned to Du Lac, edging away from 'Duncan' and giving him a raised eyebrow. "What's the Neanderthal for?" I asked, watching the buffoon still checking me out.

Du Lac smiled his cruel, passionately torturous grin. "Oh, there's been a couple of changes while you were on your mission," he said, his voice dripping with malice, "Duncan's your new roommate, now get out," he said. The panic settled into my heart, my stomach churning like I was going to be sick. I wanted to speak, to scream, to pull a properly nasty princess tantrum but I couldn't. Duncan grabbed my arm firmly, pulling me towards the door so that by the time I'd recovered from the shock the door had already been closed behind me.

My new roommate practically dragged me along, through the hallways, through rooms full of antiques, until finally we reached our 'room'. He opened the door and practically threw me inside, closing the door sharply behind him. I quickly braced myself, luckily getting ready just in time before he placed a hand to the back of my head and tried to pull me closer to him. With my small hands at pinched at his bulging veins in his wrist, pressing hard to distract him before biting down on his arm.

He gave out a small yelp before I kneed him in the crotch and poked him hard in the eyes with my fingernails. He groaned, but pulled at my waist. He managed to bring my feet out from underneath me and lay me on the ground underneath him. He held my hands together before forcing himself onto my lips, biting and pushing to try and 'kiss me into submission'. My knees were suddenly free again, so they hit him a second time, which made him buckle above me. I brought my knees up to my chin before letting them go kangaroo style and kicking him full force in the chest, simultaneously throwing him off me and winding him as he crouched low.

I took the chance and flung open the door, running through the mansion with ripped pants and a busted lip from where the idiot had kissed me. Tears started falling from my eyes as I made it to Lamias' room. I knocked quietly, hoping that she was inside. A moment later and she opened the door, her eyes wide in shock when she saw how beat up I was. "Mordred, what happened?" She asked.

I looked cautiously around, terrified the brute would be just around the corner, following me to finish what he started. Tears stung as they rolled down my face and I looked at Lamia with terror. "My new roommate, Lamia, please!" I said, shaking as she pulled an arm around me and quickly pulled me inside her room, locking the door before sitting me down on the bed.
"Mordred, it's okay now, don't worry, there's nothing that'll get you in here love," she said, sitting beside me.
"Lamia," I said, my voice set with anger, "come with me to Du Lac's office, I'm going on another mission." I said.
"Already?" She asked, "But we've just got back, don't you want to relax before-," she said, before watching me shake uncontrollably. "Okay, come on," she said, keeping an arm around me and picking up one of her smaller knives in her other hand. I nodded, knowing that she already knew why I wanted to leave. I had to get out again, with or without an artefact to retrieve.