[Oneshot] The Librarians: Jenkin's Secret

Hi everyone!

Now I know this isn't what you expected as an update, but I'm a little stuck on the storyline of 'Double Agents' right now so I've taken a small break. HOWEVER! I did have this idea for a little one shot based on what Jenkins/Galahad was like in the Arthurian Legends, and I thought you guys would get a giggle out of it!

Love you all, thank you so much for reading and sticking with me! I hope you enjoy this one, I had fun writing it!

Love, Mizorerhodina x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, that explains so much," i muttered, my nose deep in a book as usual. All I could smell was the musky vanilla of the brown pages, which was so overpowering that I bumped into someone.

"Oh! Bianca! I'm sorry," Ezekiel said, giving me a quick, awkward hug to make sure I was okay.

I beamed when I saw him, "Don't worry Ezekiel, you know I don't mind if it's you I bump into," I flirted back in response.

He spluttered for a moment before looking down at the thick book in my arms. "Whatcha reading?" He asked.

"The original copy of the complete Arthurian Legends," I replied, watching him raise an eyebrow at me.

"Why?" He asked.

"Haven't you ever thought to look up on the origins of the Caretaker of the Annex? Mister Grumpy of the Dark Ages?" I asked, surprised it had never crossed his mind.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Never really interested me," he said, "besides, I can get quicker answers on Wikipedia." He added.

I rolled my eyes then, disappointed. "Ezekiel Jones, this is the original tales of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table! This isn't just some stupid google search, this is part of the history of one of the people you actually know!" I scolded him. He looked guilty for a moment, before I smiled cheekily. "Besides, it's quite a funny insight into the stone-faced Mr Jenkins," I said.

"What does it say about Jenkins?" He asked, looking up hopefully to change the subject.

"Well, Galahad was the finder and keeper of the Holy Grail," I began, but he interrupted me quickly.

"And became immortal. Hello! We know that already," he complained.

I frowned at him and he shushed himself. "Yes, but he only became the Grail keeper because of his 'purity'." I explained, raising my eyebrows at him to make my point.

"What are you saying?" He asked after a moment. I leaned closer to him suddenly, biting my lip before whispering.

"I'm saying that for once, you've done something that Mr Jenkins has never done before." I said, "And you've done it with me," letting my eyelids drop seductively at him to show him what I meant.

His eyes widened as he figured it out. "No way!" He gasped, "I can't wait to tell Stone!"

"No! Not yet," I smirked, pulling his arm to stop him running away, "I want to tease Jenkins about it first," I explained, watching him grin mischievously.

"Only if I get to watch," he said.

"You've already wired the security cameras to your phone Ezekiel," I smiled, knowing him too well, "you were going to watch no matter what." I said.

Ezekiel grinned, "Of course I was. But I just wanted your consent first, because you'll be there too."

"Alright," I sighed, leaning away from him to go and find Jenkins. My hips swayed as I walked, and out the corner of my eye I could feel Ezekiel watching my behind. I giggled into my book, continuing to read as I searched for Sir Grumpy.

~~~

"Mr Jenkins!" I said, finally finding him in his workspace.

"Miss Rose," Jenkins greeted me, not as warmly as Cassandra, but still better than how he spoke to, say, Ezekiel.

"So, I read something about you today," I said slowly, watching him frown. He looked over at me, registering the book I had in my hands.

"Miss Rose you know that that book is still wildly inaccurate, and any information in it is probably highly Christianised and exaggerated," he said, frowning in disapproval.

"Yes, but I happen to have proof that one particular fact is true, and rather an intriguing one, about yourself," I said, drawing out the information that I knew to make him nervous.

"Which is?" Jenkins asked, not particularly impressed.

"That you're a virgin." I stated flatly, keeping my gaze fixed on the immortal knight. He jumped at the word, but I couldn't say that was 'confirmation', because I'd never used such a base word before, so he may have just been shocked by my language.

"And your proof?" He asked calmly, though I picked up a slight hesitancy in his voice. This was why the Library had chose me, because I literally read people like books, and I never just skimmed the top layer.

"Galahad obtains the Holy Grail because of his moral and sexual purity," I began, never looking away from him, "In a sense, the first male hero with virginity superpowers, kudos by the way." I congratulated him, "The Grail is his for as long as he is pure, giving him immortality. Losing his purity means he loses the ability to keep the Grail, and his immortality. Given that you are Galahad, and you are certainly not dead at least 600 years later, we can deduce that this means you are still immortal, still the keeper of the Grail, and therefore, still morally and sexually pure. Conclusion, a virgin." I finished.

Jenkins frowned, but he didn't argue with me. "A fine set of evidence," he nodded approvingly, "I can't believe it's been 600 hundred years for a Librarian to actually read up on my immortality." He mused, a little smile creeping on his face.

"So you're not mad I discovered your secret?" I asked, a little confused.

He chuckled, "It's no secret," he said, "I haven't locked away that book from the Library, or any other about the Arthurian histories. I'm simply saying that many still take my history for granted. I wanted to say thank you, for actually taking an interest in it." He said.

I frowned a little, wondering whether I should ask. I'd wanted to hear about Jenkins history in Camelot for ages, which was why I'd gone snooping in the legends to find information. He was the link though, if I just asked maybe he'd tell me everything, even things that weren't documented at the time. "Mr Jenkins," I said, sitting on a stool near his workbench, "Would you tell me about Camelot? Please?" I asked, getting out a small, leather bound notebook so I could write down what he said.

"Surely you know all about it from your research?" He asked, a little surprised by my request.

"As you said," I reminded him, "Many of the written legends are highly Christianised and exaggerated. You however, hold firsthand accounts. I'm just curious how close the personalities of the legends and the actual people are." I replied.

"You're sure it won't tarnish your interest if I tell you something you don't want to hear?" He asked, looking curiously at me.

"I'm sure I'll twist it into my own fantasies of the legends somehow," I sat up keenly, "First, tell me about Sir Percival," I asked.

"Why Percival?" Jenkins smiled.

"He's my favourite in the Merlin tv show," I shrugged, "and he sounds adorable in the legends too."

"Very well," Jenkins sighed, forgetting his 'work' to look at me and begin his stories, "To answer your first theory, yes, Sir Percival was adorable..."