-4: Outburst-

Scarlet's POV

"It's only temporarily."

"What?" We had been sitting on the edge for a while before J said something.

"Being here is only temporary. At some point, you may fall sleep here and wake up there. You might sleep there, and suddenly be awake here. It can happen that way if you are fortunate enough ..."

Fortunate enough. So is there other ways? Is now instead of day and night, it's becomes more like day and day..

"Don't bother to ask why", he says. "Things are odd. I don't even know everything myself." He raises his leg next him and runs his hand through his hair.

"Is it when I sleep that I will go back?" I don't want to go honestly. So far things seem fine and I haven't run into any issues.

"Not necessarily. It just happens sometimes. You could be walking around and may just drop dead."

...

"What?!" I looked back him, after taking a moment to think.

I don't want that to happen. Does that mean I'll have to live on my house forever? But I'll still need to go out and buy food and necessities.

J turns and gives me a mischievous smile. "I'm just joking. But you may still need to be careful wherever you are going."

"Oh. Thanks."

"It's nothing." He goes silent afterwards.

"Hey, what about you?", I asked.

"About me? What about me?"

"What was going on before I came? What was your life like?" If this world was supposedly made for me, then what happened until now?

"Life just continued as usual..."

"Usual? That's it? Nothing happens here?" That can't be possible can it?

"Yep. Just like that, nothing unique happens here. It just the same as it is over there."

"Well then what did you do with your life?"

"..." There was a long moment of silence. "My life..." His expression looked pained as he looked at me. "It was no different than any others."

"Than any others...?" What does he mean by that? He didn't seem to want to talk much more about it, because he then got up.

"Let's get out of here."

"What? Already?" We hadn't even been here for than 30 minutes.

"Yes. Let's go" he says as he reaches for my hand and drags me to the car.

"But I don't want to go yet!!" Why is he like this?!

•--•--•

The car ride back was silent. None of us said a word and a cold atmosphere began to grow quickly.

What was this guy's problem? One minute he is happy, the next he is cold as ice. He cracks a joke, the freezes. What the heck?