-12: Ask and Sleep-

Scarlet's POV

"SCARLET!!!" Simi runs at me as I enter the house and give the tightest hug, lets go and then softly punches my arm. "How could do that?! Why did you do that? Do you know how worried we were? Do you see what I am wearing and I still came to look for you?" She goes off on this short rant. Honestly I stopped listening half way through. But I mean, at least I know she cared a little. Or she really doesn't like...

I hear sighs in the end.

"Don't do it again..." Her eyes like worried and happy. The way her hands rest on my shoulders show that she means it. But....

"I can't promise that." I responded. I was being truthful. I don't tell lies because lies hurt others and only cause friends to lose trust in one another. Although I don't know if I have a true friend out. Taye is there and I truly believe he is. I just.... But if I do happen to have a close of friend that I don't feel uneasy about, I don't want to, or plan to hurt them any time soon.

"What?!" Simi shouts. "What do you-"

"Enough Simi." J comes from behind, looking annoyed and tired. Closing the door behind us, he smiles at me.

Nothing.

Then he turns to Simi and glares a bit. That is a first. He usually treats her mostly with kindness or at least tolerance. It looks like he isn't taking any bull tonight though. "It's late. Go sleep in the guest room."

"You mean my room?" She retorts and crosses her arms. "It's basically mine at this point, isn't it?"

"Fine, I guess. I'm going upstairs." He looks back to me and grabs my wrist, taking us both upstairs "Good night," He says, while Simi just looks in confusion. I almost trip on the steps laughing at her reaction afterwards. She looks like started to pout and just walks off towards her room.

Why he did that, I don't know. Should I care, I'm not sure. Am I bothered? Not really. Do I like it? Kind of, not sure.

J is just weird. He seems like he is trying to help and be nice, but he does such an awful job at that I'm wondering if he actually is trying. Mean to say, but the truth hurts.

Reaching my room, he gestured me to sit on the bed across, as he does so as well, sitting across from me. His face looks to serious. His eyes stare deeply at me, making curious and nervous on what he is about to see.

Better not be stupid...

I can't disagree with that.

"Tell me" he says.

"Hmm? Tell you what?"

"Everything. Everything about you. About your home, your life, your past, your hopes for the future." He exhales deeply. "Just tell me."

I took a moment to try and understand what he means and why. How do I respond nicely to this?

"Why?" I decided. "Why the sudden interest? You never asked me before about anything."

"Because I want to know." My goodness.

"Want to know what, specifically?"

He doesn't say anything yet. He looks off to the side for a bit, thinking I assume.

"Your life," he finally says.

"My life." The heck you want to know about my... What is his business with that in the first place?

Why is he barging in on our privacy?

Just because he said he cares, doesn't mean I trust him. Especially if he is the way he is....

"Well," I say while standing up slowly and walk towards the bathroom. "No, I'd rather not. I have nothing to tell you." I don't have to....

"Aw! Come on, tell me!"

"Aw, come on, tell me already!" A familiar voice says.

Slow and agonizing pain starts in my head, and my legs to go weak, causing me to collapse on the floor.

J jumps up and begins to walk towards me. "Scar! Are you-"

"Get out..." I say quietly.

"What?"

"I SAID GET OUT!" I can't stand his voice right now. It only makes my head hurt more.

"No." He says firmly.

"Why can't you just-"

"Because I care!"

"NO YOU DON'T!" I force myself up and stumble towards him. "You only think you do. You feel bad that I am here and I'm all alone, having problems.
Don't feel bad. I don't need it. All I need is for you to leave me alone for now, before j do something."

Do it anyway.

"I don't want leave." He sits back on the bed.

"Okay." I pick up two pairs of clothes, one being sleepwear, and walk out of the room. On the other side of the loft was another hallway and had an extra bedroom there. I entered and locked the door behind me. The room was decent size and had a few extra furnitures along with a bathroom as well.

Throwing the clothes to the small couch, I fall onto the bed and try to wait through the pain. Why did he even say what he said?

What is his problem? Can't he just buzz off? Why does he sound so familiar? Hate him so much but also feel weird and familiar around. But he doesn't even care! And he has the audacity to ask about you past-

"Oh my gosh shut up!" I yell. I shut my eyes to think. I wish Taye was here honestly.

"He must be so worried" I whisper. "I'll find a way to call him, hopefully. I just wish I could bring him. He would beat the crap out J."

I laughed to myself.

I can't worry about that for now. I should get some sleep so tomorrow can come...

~~~~~~•~~~~~~

I woke up early to darkened room. It was very cloudy outside. I was able to sleep peacefully without anyone (or anything) talking and no one knocked the door.

"I'm glad he finally got it," I mutter to myself, as I get out of bed and step out into the hallway. It looked like no one was awake.

"Safe..."

I walk quietly to the stairs and to the kitchen. I was really thirsty and needed some water. Grabbing one from the fridge, I search for a bottle when I felt a strong poke to both side of my stomach and almost jump in the air. Before I knew it, I had swung my hand back and barely hit,

"J?!"

"And good morning to you as well." He straightens himself up and leans on the counter. "Hey, I'm sorry I triggered you yesterday, but you didn't have to leave the room." He smirks.

"Yes I did." I wasn't going to listen this, cause I wasn't in the mood to even talk to anyone. Not that I was angry, I just didn't feel like.

I walk out of the kitchen and head the stairs, when he pushes me against the closest wall. "You're just going to walk out on me like that? Not even going to listen?"

This man! One minute he is apologizing the next he is just... this!

Kill him.

I give a mischievous smile and knee him, causing him to almost shrivel to the floor. I can't even....
"Yes, yes I am. Thank you." I walk past him and climb up the stairs, hearing the soft whimpers of an injured man.

Bastard....

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~