-21: Shower-

3rd Person POV

"Gem, you need to go. It's been two days." Taye ruffles Gemini's hair and taps Simi, who fell asleep on Gem's shoulder.

"It's fine," Gem said.

"Not it isn't. You haven't left this place since you got here. Go take a shower for God's sake and get some sleep."

Simi sits up sluggishly and says, "I agree" before scooting away from him. "Go home for a while. We will let you know as soon as possible if something happens."

He doesn't budge.

"Gem, don't make us through you outside and ask security to keep you out." Taye looks him in eyes. "Go home."

J looked around to see the two security officers outside, and that Taye didn't look like he would hesitate to do as he said.

"Ugh.. Fine..." Gemini slowly gets up and walks out of the hospital, taking one last look at them before going to the sidewalk and calling a driver.

___________________________________

J's POV

After thanking the driver and closing the front door behind me, I dragged my feet upstairs to my bathroom and realized what two days of little sleep and no showers does to you. I don't care that much though.

I took off my jacket and clothes, and stepped into the shower. The cold water piercing my skin does not affect me much, as it first cools down my nerves and then warms it back when the streams becomes somewhat hot.

A hot, steamy shower. That is what I needed the most. Time to think about what is happening and why, when I'm all alone.

I stood there for a while, just doing that, then I sat on the shower floor and leaned on the cool tiles wall, still allowing the water to rain on me.

"I wonder what she is think about," I say to myself. "What would she be dreaming about that won't let her wake up, or makes her not want to wake up."

Imagining that small, slim figure walking around in darkness. Long black and white cloth drapes and drags behind her as she trudges through. She leaps, spins and turns to find something in every direction. Soon she sees something that isn't visible. But she rushes with all her might away from whatever it is, until she eventually gives up. Hopeless and helpless.

She stops and lets her head hang back, before  falling. There she laid for moments at a times, until she finally rose, her pale skin looking more refreshed and radiant than ever as she walks towards that direction she fled from.

A figure is seated on the floor, facing away from my view. She slowly approaches it and bends next him. Her soft, gentle lips whisper into his ears.

"I found you. Come out."

My eyes flew upon, as I tried to catch my breath, my heart beating rapidly, my body feeling cold and almost violated. My mind running like crazy, with a certain pain creeping in.

I quickly stood and turned off the shower, wrapped my towel around my waist and ran to the sink. The small, black heart on my chest was now a crimson red.

"What the heck was that...." It felt too real to be a dream. Beautiful, yet terrifying. It spiked my senses and made me yearn to see her more, but I also wanted to the flee. I haven't had these double emotions in a long time.

Did Lusiel perhaps....

He wouldn't do something like this, would he....

A soft ringtone starts to play and I walk out of the bathroom, hair and body still soaking wet as the cold air hits me, giving me some energy.

"Hello?"

"Gemini! What the heck is wrong with you? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES WE CALLED?!" I remove the phone from my ear, as Taye continues to shout. I take the opportunities to check the time.

4 hours. 4 freakin hours, I was in the bathroom.

"Look, Taye! I'm sorry. I fell asleep in the shower."

"What type of stupid sleep is it that you slept? And that is why you should have gone home earlier, otherwise if it had happened here, we would have called the doctors and nurse to try and revive you."

This man is just....

"Anyway..." he started. "I was just calling to check on you earlier but you didn't pick up."

"Thanks. Is she awake yet?" I was actually curious to know because of what happened.

"No, but she is showing signs of improvement."

I froze for a minute. "You got to see her...?"

"YEAH!" I hear Simi yell before she got shushed. "You're too freaking loud..." I hear him say.

"Yes, we got to see her-"

"Can I come and see her?" I interrupted.

Taye took a pause. "Yeah, you can come but make sure you-"

I cut the phone right there. I quickly dried myself, put on lotion and threw on the first warm clothes I could find.

'I'm not really sure why I'm rushing like this. It's not like I care that much about,' I thought to myself.

__________________________________

"Where is she?" I said, storming towards Taye.

"Bros, chill! You can't barge in like that and expect to see whoever you want. Sit down for a minute."

"Where's Simi?" I noticed she wasn't around.

"She went to go sleep unlike some people.." He looks me up and down before sitting next to me.

"What do you mean? You haven't gone home once either!" I retorted.

"That is because I'm used to going days without sleep. One, cause why not? Two, because of her." He slides down a bit a releases a sigh.

"She really is something," we both said, not even bothering to look at one another.