Chapter 1

Delaine

“Come on, Delaine.” She said grabbing my ankles from under the comforter and pulling on them, trying to drag me out of my bed. I held onto the headboard as I groaned.

            “Delaine, I understand you’re sad about the break up with Jordan but, going to this party will make you feel so much better.” She continued grabbing at my ankles. I kicked her and that’s when she stopped.

            “Alicia, I’ve told you way too many times that I don’t want to go. Jordan’s going to be there and I don’t want to see him with that skank.” I finally spoke to he, sitting up on my bed.

            “Girl, you look 3 million times better than her. Once he sees you in that sliver dress over there, he will be trying to get back with you, but we both know he’s not getting anywhere near you.”

            “No, that dress makes me look like a slut.”

            “I does not! It just shows off your best assets.”

            “My best assets? Alicia the last time I wore that dress, I was sloppy wasted and my boobs were hanging out smiling at everyone at the party!”

            “Then don’t get sloppy wasted and wear double-sided tape on your nipples.” I gave her a look. “Trust me you’ll have a fun time.”

            I looked at her incredulously. I really didn’t want to do this but, why the hell not. At least, it will get me out of my room and get my mind off Jordan.

**

            It took me an hour and a half to get ready. I did end up wearing the dress that Alicia told me to wear and, I had to admit I did look pretty good. I did as she said and put the double-sided tape on my nipples. Shit, I didn’t want anyone to be a deer caught in my headlights.

            I walked down the stairs and Chris, Alicia’s boyfriend, was here ready to take us to the party.

            I heard a “Damn.” emanate from his mouth and Alicia slapped his chest with the back of her hand.

            “What?” He whispered down to her.

            Completely ignoring him, she turned to me and said “If Jordan doesn’t realize how much of a mistake he made, and try to get you back, girl, I will take you. You look sexy.”

            “Wait does that mean a three-some?” Chris joked.

            Alicia, obviously not amused, shooed Chris off and told him to go start the car.

            “We will be turning heads to night!” She squealed.

            Taking my hand, she followed me out the door to the car. I turned off the lights behind me and locked the door. Tonight was going to be fun I said to myself. Hopefully I was right.