Chapter 4: A Summer I Can't Remember

maddies pov

"you're so fucking stupid!" I heard hunter say. "how many times can I say I'm sorry man?!" I didn't recognize this voice. "I swear Chris, if you kill my sister I'm gonna kill you."

"boys that's ENOUGH." mom yelled. that really woke me up. "hi mom." I said weakly. my head hurt super bad. "little sis!" my brother instantly smiled.

"aw hun you're here!" mom squealed. "what happened?"

"car accident that this idiot caused. you've been sleeping for like two days mads." my brother was tearing up. "what idiot?"

hunter pointed to a cute guy with blonde hair and green eyes. "who's that?" i questioned.

Chris pov

my heart shattered to pieces. I only knew this girl for a year and I've gotten so close to her. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but I was hurt. alot.

"stop playing around maddie."

"I'm pretty sure I'm not playing around?" she said weakly. man, she wasn't kidding.

"you don't remember me maddie bear?" I looked at her with puppy eyes. "sorry, no." i decided to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hey Chris wait up!" Matthew said. "what do you want Espinosa?" i was walking to the train station.

"woah man. what's up?" he was now walking beside me.

"nothing."

" of cou- dude what happened to your arm?" he said now noticing the cast I had on it.

"car accident." i said quietly. "is that why you didn't go to linda's?" i didn't say anything.

"okay man, what's on your mind?"

"i almost killed her man.."

"who?"

"maddie."

"WOAH MADDIE? Hunters maddie?! he's gonna kill you" he gasped.

"i wouldn't doubt it either."

"is she gonna be okay?"

"well yeah she's awake but, she doesn't even know who I am.."

"why do you care? you don't even like her."

he's right... why do I care?

maddies pov

"alright ms. Larsen you're free to go" the nurse said. Finally. "would you like help getting up?"

"No I got th-" my head was throbbingggg. "yes please."

I came home and went straight to my phone. 15 missed calls, 13 voicemails, 36 messages. I called back audrey.

" MADSSS" she screamed in my ear. "I'm coming over right now!"

I heard audrey run up the stairs and in no time, she barged in my room. "Oh my gosh what happened?!"

"I'm fine. Just got a concussion. that's all."

"how about chris?"

"who?"

"dirty blonde, green eyes. and hooot.

"I thought I saw him when I woke up yesterday, I dunno."

"Do you even remember what happened?"

"No.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris pov

I decided to go to mad's house and see if she was feeling okay. I knocked on the door.

"H-- what do you want?" hunter glared his eyes at me. "Listen bro I wanted to come apologize to everyone, and most importantly see if maddies okay.

Everyone came downstairs and 15 minutes of my life were used to say my apologies. After that, I followed maddie upstairs.

"Um, why are you following me?" she stopped and turned around.

"Can I talk to you, please?"

"i don't let boys in my room."

"For a sec, please."

When we got in her room, I sat on her bed and pointed to the spot next to me. She stared into my eyes and that was my queue to start talking.

"Do you know who I am?"

" i know your name is chris, and that you almost killed me.

" Well I know that your name is Maddie Larsen, you're 17. Your favorite band is secondhand serenade, and you used to go out with Matt Espinosa."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Because maddie, I went to school with you. The first time I laid eyes on you, I couldn't stop. All the girls flirting with me didn't mean anything. I Just wanted you, and I still do."

"Listen chris, that's super cheesy and all. And I'm sorry I don't know who you are. But I think it's time you'd leave.

She was already pushing me out, so I just walked out. I didn't say bye to anybody on my way out either. I was pissed.