Chapter 8: Bowling With A Hint Of The Past

"Oh my gosh she's so cute!" I've always been a dog person. The Collins' new pitbull was nibbling on my finger but it didn't hurt because she really didnt have any teeth. "What's her name?"

"Remy!" Crawford said. He looked more excited than I was. He's always been the corny type.

"Aww Remy!" I said while scratching her belly.

We were all socializing until Chris came down. "Ready crawfish?"

"Ready!" I said standing up and smiling.

"Excuse me skunk, I wasn't talking to you. "

"Your brother invited me."

He glared at Crawford.

"This makes up for the time you threw a spoon at my balls" he said to Chris.

*************************

Chris's POV

Karma strikes yet again Chris.

"Sizes?" the shoe person at the counter said.

"Size 10, 9, and .. Maddie what's your size? I think she'll fit a 12."

She politely came up to the counter. "A 7 please." she smiled. Playing nice huh? Two can play that game.

"Who wants to go first?" Maddie asked, putting in the names.

"Not me. I don't even know if I want to play, my stomach kind of hurts." i said.

"Aww, does wittle cwiss have menstrual cwamps?" Maddie said with a puppy face.

"Shut up skunk."

"Oh! I know! Chris doesn't know how to bowl!"

"i suggested this place so we could play laser tag." I said with a straight face.

"No, I'd rather beat your ass in bowling." she smiled.

I sighed. To be honest, I missed the old Maddie. You know, the one that sat under trees and hummed to herself in the park, and would follow me around after school. I wish I hadn't took advantage of that. But I guess it's my fault. We didn't have that brother and sister relationship anymore.

*************************

After my ass was literally beaten in bowling by skunk girl, we sat down and ate pizza there.

"Hey Christian look." Crawford pointed in the direction back of me.

"No flippin way dude. It can't be..."

Maddie's POV

"Who?" I turned around. I saw a girl walking towards us. She was around my height, 5'4. She also had brown hair but she had grey-ish eyes. Her hair was about shoulder length. She was wearing jean shorts and a flower print crop top. I have to admit. I was kind of jealous.

"Emily?!" Chris shrieked.

Ah. Now I remember. In school I was totally jealous of her. Chris and her dated for 2 years until about 4 months ago when she cheated on him with another guy named Nash. Ever since then she was called a slut.

But to think of it again, I wasn't really that jealous, because she was jealous that me and Chris had a brother/sister connection that she couldn't break.

Wait.

How did I know that?

Did I just... no. It can't be... Feelings. They're all coming back to me. It's not true. This is a dream. I don't remember anything. I don't remember the times I would follow the same path Chris took to get home. I don't remember when he kissed me on accident. I don't remember when he said he loved me in the hospital. .. I dont ...

"Um hello?"

I snapped back into reality when I realized everyone was staring at me.

"Oh. Um, hey Emily."

"Are you okay?" Chris asked.

"Why would you care?"

I quickly got up and put on my regular shoes and put the bowling shoes on the counter.

I wanted to forget today. But I couldnt. I didn't want to remember. But I did. I remembered everything.

******************

" you never miss a good thing till its gone."

OOOO. What is maddie gonna do now?

Anyways, today's fathers day (; make sure you say ily to your pops,  ya gramps,  bc without them you wouldn't be born. idc if you hate your dad. Be happy bc guess what? Once upon a time, your dad gave your mom the D to make you.

So I guess you don't have to thank your dad. Thank the d. or the sperm donator. Either way is fine.