Chapter 14: A Night In MN

Maddie's POV

We got to a Hilton hotel close by MOA (Mall Of America). "Thank you." i said as I tipped the cab driver. "You know I could've paid for the ride." Chris said as I followed him out of the cab. "You didn't offer though did you?" i raised an eyebrow. He looked back at me and pursed his lips. "Exactly."

"Ah! You must be Christian!" one of the employees said with an Italian accent. "Yeah, sorry for the late arrival. Our flight was delayed."

"No worries pal! As long as you're here in one piece! Is this your lovely girlfriend standing before me?" he said taking my hand and kissing it lightly. "No," I said blushing and shaking my head. "just friends."

"Ah, yes. You are with the one and only Emily Anderson." he said looking towards Chris. He nodded. "Well, what good use is my job if I don't get your bags? Where are they?" I pointed to the trunk of the cab and watched as he attempted to take out my bags first. "Oh gosh. Do you carry rocks with you?" he said panting. I laughed and took it from him. "Maybe." i smirked. He took out the other suitcase and backpack and headed towards the door. Chris and I followed behind.

"Now just let me see where your room is.." he faded out, giving the bags to Chris and checking on the computer. "5B! Just go straight and it should be on your left hand side. "Thanks!" we said in unison, and took our bags to our room.

Chris unlocked the door to the room and headed inside. It was your average hotel room. Two beds, TV, a little kitchen and dining area, and the bathroom. I rolled my suitcase and put it next to the bed nearest to the window. I then sat in a little chair, looking at the scenery of Minnesota.

"Wow, I didn't know Minnesota was this beautiful at night.." The stars seemed to be blending in with the tall buildings. Everything was still bright. Cars were moving by peacefully, and the winds were calm. "Isn't it?" I looked up to Chris who was now standing over me. "You've never been to Minnesota?" he asked. I shook my head.

"It's great," he said. "the water park, the mall, the people. The music. They're welcoming." he smiled. "Well, do you want to do some sightseeing around Minnesota after the meet-and-greet?" i offered, mostly for myself. "That'd be awesome."

I went back to the bed and turned on the TV. I grabbed the sheet of paper that had the channels since I had no idea of what each channel was. "Hmph. What's on at..," I looked at the clock. "11:36?"

"Saturday night live, I think." Chris said as he rummaged through the refrigerator. He was right. 5 minutes into the show, my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Maddie, it's Zac."

Oh hey! What's up?

We have tons of shit to clear up.

Oh yeah, about that day. I'm reaaaally sorry for ditching you like that. It's kind of complicated.

Care to explain?

I turned to Chris to see him going into the bathroom. "Bad time. Maybe some other day."

Okay. Well what you doing bitch?

"Oh you know, fucking bitches, getting money." i laughed. "what about you?"

I'm at that money exchange place with Emily.

What? Why?

Well we can't pay with Canadian money In America!

I know idiot. I mean, where are you?

Well where else would we be? I'm in Minnesota, stupid!

Wait. With emily?

Yeah... why?

I thought she had cheer prep?

That shits not until like, next week.

Hey can't she hear our conversation?!

No, I'm sitting in the chair, she's doing all the work. duh.

Bum. Well that's good to know that she's here. Considering that she lied to Chris saying she had cheer prep this weekend.

Seriously?

Yeah, but don't say anything.

Damn. So where are you?

I'm actually in Minnesota too. With Chris. In a hotel.

What? That sounds like trouble..

You're not the slightest worried that he might try to make a move on me, are you?

Nah. I already know Emily's just using him to get back to fame. I wouldn't mind seeing her not get her way for once.

Seriously? Wow...

I know Chris belongs with you anyways.

What are you talking about?

I saw the way you looked at him that day when he walked through my door. I saw it in your eyes... It looked like anger and betrayal.

............

Both of you guys had that look. I can tell shit went down in the past.

............

Hello?

....Yeah.

You want to be with Chris don't you?

....Yeah, I do.

What's stopping you?

Your selfish sister.

Not on my watch.

I smirked. "What are you up to Zac attack?"

At that moment, Chris came out of the bathroom. "Uh that was the manager of MOA.. oh you're on the phone. Sorry."

I nodded to him and turned back to the TV.

Was that Chris?

Yeeep.

Tell him I said hey!

Haha okay.

I mean it. NOWWWW.

"Chris, Zac said hi." he looked at me with confusion and nodded is head up as a way of saying "hey."

Thanks bitch. Well I don't know what's up my sleeve yet. But I gotchu.

I don't think I like the sound of that.

Do you want to be with him or not?

"Not if it includes breaking up Emily and Chris" i said quiet enough for only Zac to hear.

Emily doesn't even love him, like him in that fact. And I'm pretty damn sure that Chris is only holding up an act.

I sighed, "okay."

Good! Shit. Emily's coming back. Bye!

"B-" phone cuts off. "Okay now what were you saying chris?" he was on his phone looking at vines. He looked at me.

"The manager of MOA wants us there by 7:30." he sighed. "What's wrong?" i asked.

"Just tired." he turned off his phone and light, and laid down. "Goodnight."

I sighed. "Goodnight Chris."