Chapter 7: Skunk & Ape

Maddie's POV

I woke up with the nastiest headache ever. I guess I don't learn from my mistakes. All I remember is Hunter's lecture about not getting drunk unless you have a designated driver to get you home, me becoming Matt's girlfriend, and getting into a bad argument with .. oh yeah. Him.

I looked at the clock. 1:52 PM. I forced myself to get up, and without looking at myself In the mirror, I walked downstairs.

"Woahh looks like someone had rough sex." Hunter said laughing. I turned to mom. Phew. She didn't hear that. I shot an evil glare at Hunter. I grabbed a tiny bouncy ball on the stairwell and threw it as hard as I could at him.

"Ow!" Bingo.

"Bitch." He murmured.

I sat on the chair in front of the island and took a piece of bacon off the plate.

"Maddie Larsen why do you look like that?" My mom said. Hunter laughed.

"Long night."

"Boys again? You know if-"

"Stop it, mom."

I have to admit, my mom is pretty cool when it comes to drama and boys. We just never had that 'connection'. I was always a daddy's girl. Hunter is, well. He's hunter.

"Madeline," my mom said. "We're going to the Collins today to meet their new dog. At 4. So vamos."

I haven't seen the Collins since the accident. My mom and them have been best friends since Hunter and Crawford were on the same football team, which was last year. I remember crawford but for some reason I can't remember who their other son is.

I went upstairs to take a quick shower. I took my toothbrush in with me to reduce time. I washed myself with my aveda scented body wash and brushed my teeth at the same time. Bam. Talk about multi-tasking. :)

I dried myself and went into my room to get ready. I looked at the clock. 3:34 PM. Great. Still had time. I put on lotion and went into my walk-in closet. It was 75° F today so I put on army green shorts and a white crop top that said "i love NY", even though I live in Canada haha. I put on light makeup and decided to let my naturally wavy brunette hair flow. I combed through it with my fingers as I walked back downstairs.

3:50. "Ready?" mom asked putting on her shoes. "Yeah. Wait I need my phone." I walked back upstairs and went into my room for my gold iphone 5.

Wait, where's my phone?

I went into Hunter's room to ask if he's seen it. "Hunter, have you se--- give it up now." That jerk brother of mine had my phone and was laughing at something. Probably my failed selfies.

"Nice pictures from last night Mads." Suddenly his face turned straight. "You're going out with .. Matt?!"

"Give me that you little shit!" It was a picture of Matt and I kissing.

"Mads, you know I hate Matt. And why would you go back to him? You're an-"

"Idiot? Yeah I know. Chris already told me. I don't need to hear it again."

"Well yeah-"

"Let's go. Mom's waiting."

Hunter's POV

I don't get it! Matt's stupid ass is gonna hurt her again! Wait. The party. Yesterday. Matt was kissing another girl! Ugh! I'm seriously gonna kill that kid. Should I tell Mads? She won't believe me. How am I going to say this?

"Maddie, Matt kissed another girl at the party." Oh. That was kind of easy.

"Don't think your stupid lies are gonna break us apart."

Wow. Exactly what I thought was gonna happen.

Chris's POV

I sat on my bed thinking about last night. I should stop though. Every time I think about it, I get angry. When I said I didn't care, I really didnt. I barf when I hear her name.

"Christian! Come downstairs! We have guests!" I was just in my basketball shorts but hey, maybe there's a hot girl downstairs to stare at me. ;)

I was wrong. Lordd I was so wrong. Well Maddie will always be hot, I was just hoping to find someone other than her.

She was smiling at everyone until she saw me. Her grin turned into a smirk.

"Couldn't have cleaned up for me Chris?" she asked.

"I didn't think I had to impress a skunk like you."

She raised an eyebrow. "So we're doing name calling now? Okay, ape."

Maddie's POV

I can't believe he was the son I forgot about. He has the NERVES to call me a skunk.

The moms stared blankly at each other. "Excuse me, did I miss something?" my mom asked, folding her arms.

"Nothing at all Catherine." Chris said as he went back upstairs.

Hunter then came in. "Hey guys, what'd I miss?"