Chapter 11: Thanks For Never Giving Up On Me

"Are you serious?!" I said laughing harder than I ever did. Zac and I have been laughing since he sat down. First, we harmonized a couple songs, and then he told me stories. Like how he pooped in a jacuzzi and the jets started moving. Hilarious.

"Want to head over to my house?" Zac asked. My eyes got bigger and my heart started beating faster. "Don't worry i don't want sex." He chuckled. I blushed.

"Sure, okay." I smiled.

We walked for about 10 minutes . "Ladies first." he said opening the door for me. I looked around his house. It was average size. Not too big, not too small. I sat on his couch and he sat next to me. It was pretty awkward at first. All of a sudden we lost our words.

"You think I'm going to try and pull a move on you huh?" he smirked.

"Yeah" I said weakly laughing.

He laughed. "I don't do relationships. So nothing to worry about."

"Okay, I never met anyone who doesn't do relationships." i chuckled.

"Guess I'm your first." he sighed.

"Who's that?" I turned my head, hearing a girl laughing.

"That's probably just my sister coming back from the park" he shrugged. Then, the door opened.

"Hey ems!" he smiled and did the "peace" wave. "Hey bro! Thought you didn't do relationships." she smirked.

"Oh, no- this isn't what it-" i stuttered. Wait. Emily?

"Hey babe did you want--" Chris walked in the door. I nervously looked away. "Hey Zac, hey Mads." he put his hand up as a wave.

"Hey," I half smiled. "I should go." I grabbed my purse and my guitar and waved to Zac. I got off the couch and unwrinkled my clothes before turning to go.

"Wait, you just got here?" Zac said confused. "It's a long story" I mumbled so only he could hear.

I walked to the end of the street and sat down on the edge of the road. I stared into the sun and let the wind flow through my hair. "You didn't think this through, did you?" i turned around to see chris standing there, with his arms crossed.

I sighed and looked down. "Nope."

"Come on, I'll take you home." he said with his hand out. I looked at him and looked away. "It's fine, I'll just call my mom." I sighed again.

"Maddie, where is this going to get us if all we do is avoid each other?"

I looked at him again. "Take me away, I guess." I got up and we were silent all the way to his car. I put my guitar in the back seat and sat down in the passenger seat as Chris started the engine. Off we went.

He sighed. "I know you're still upset about Matt." I shrugged. "Eh, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

"So," he pressed his lips together, "you still don't remember a thing of our past, do you?"

This is it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate me. So what's holding me back? Well, Emily and him look so happy together.. I dont want Chris to gain feelings for me if he knows I like him, again. Well I never stopped. I guess I just, forgot? But at the same time, I want chris to be with me..

"No, I'm sorry." I sighed. "Oh. Well anyways, what are you going to do about Matt and audrey?" he asked.

"Oh, trust me. I am soo done with them. Let's just hope I don't see them ever again." i chuckled.

"You know that's impossible when we all live 20 minutes away from each other maximum." Chris smirked. I hit him on the arm. "Shut up douche!" I said laughing. This was the first time Chris and I had a real laugh since I've gotten out of the hospital. We were actually opening up, which was better on Chris's side.

"So what's going on with you and Zac attack?" he smirked.

"Don't worry, we never had a thing. He's like a new audrey. Besides, he doesn't do relationships."

"That's fucking weird." he said laughing.

"Hey, um. Mads. I was kind of wondering, since we kind of went down on a bad road this past month.. would you like to go to my next Meet-and-greet in Minnesota in two weeks?"

"Yes! Absolutely!" I said a little too loud. Chris looked at me a bit shocked.

"i mean," i nervously laughed, "what about emily?"

"She has Cheer prep, sadly."

"What about your brother, or the other boys? Who's going?"

"Crawford is going for the girls," he laughed, "but Brent's going for sure. Some of the magcon boys are supposed to go because the fans want me and the group to become better buds."

"Gotta give the fans what they want." I shrugged.

We pulled into the driveway and I snapped off my seatbelt. "Thanks Chris." i said looking at him, still in my seat. He nodded.

"Oh, and Chris?"

"Yeah?" he said looking into my eyes.

"Thanks for never giving up on me."