Chapter 25: Dinner Cramps

Chris's POV

"Go get the plates Crawf." my mom said as she stirred the pasta on the stove. "It smells great hun." my dad smiled, rubbing her shoulder. I stood leaning on the island, just waiting for a command from my mom. It was 6:41 PM and I told Maddie that she should get here around 7. I don't get why we have to make the house look super tidy for her to come over. She's seen my house when it was not so great, and our families used to go to each others house for dinner all the time. It's just that ever since I've become vine famous, it's been hard to do things without girls swarming all over me.

"You excited for Maddie to come over?" Mom said, turning the temperature of the stove to low. I looked at her, "Uh, sure?" Here goes the endless amount of mom questions. "Well you better be because you're the one who invited her." She said giving me 'the eyebrow'. I actually was excited. It's nice to finally go back to how it was before all this vine and and car crash mayhem. "So," my mom went on, "Why did you invite her?"

"Can I not?" i chuckled. I turned my head and watched crawford as he put the plates in its place on the table. "You've never invited anyone for dinner before." she said. "So?"

"Is there something going on between you two?" i turned to her and gave her a straight face as she smiled. I was really confused on how to answer that question. She actually got me thinking too. We both confessed that we liked each other, yet we agreed to start over.

No Chris. You're with Emily.

She's using you for fame dude.

What if Maddie just said it to get closer to you?

She's been lying to you about remembering you.

No, Maddie wouldn't lie to you. You confessed to liking Maddie. Chris, you're in love with her. You know it. You don't want to believe it.

"No, we're just friends, Mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything went according to plan. It's not a special occasion dinner though, all the windows would be wiped down if it was. Our table is about 2 meters long and 1.5 meters wide. Dad sat on the end, as it was respectful as an adult. Mom sat on the other end. Crawf sat alone on one side, as I sat beside Maddie, who was right across from Crawf.

"Prayers." my dad glared at me, he knew I was reaching for my fork already. I sighed and nodded. Maddie smiled, "i missed doing this with you guys."

"Oh you remember doing this?" My mom said and smiled. I looked at her awkwardly but she comfortably said with no problem, "I gained my memory back... did I .. not tell you?" My mom shook my head. "Well that's great Maddie! Now join hands." my dad said. I looked directly at Maddie, as she did the same to me. She chuckled because she saw that my cheeks were turning plump red. I looked to my mom, and I saw a smile appear from the side of her mouth as she saw what I didn't see, which was Maddie holding out her hand to join with mine.

This is just a prayer. We're thanking God for our food, just hold her hand.

I know you want to.

I grabbed her hand, and immediate sparks shivered through my body. It brought back memories where we were happy, single, reckless. Everything was great. Her watching me play football in the snow, yeah I remember that. Oh, and in the summer, when she would play her guitar under a tree.

I closed my eyes as Dad started to lead the pray.

Father, I first have to thank you for giving the marvelous Maddie her memory back, it is such a blessing. Thank you for the food you have given us, I am so happy that Maddie was able to join us once again, we love her like our own daughter. In God's name, Amen.