Chapter 13: Failed Attempt

Chris's POV

The masks came down. The plane started jerking. I could feel the pressure of the air pound us down. Everyone screamed.

"Everyone this is your flight attendant.  this is an emergency landing onto land. The plane is stalling but please stay calm. Fasten your seatbelts quickly and remember to put on your mask before helping anyone else!"

How do you stay calm?! I turned to look at Maddie. She was crying.

"Maddie! Put on your mask!" I screamed as I put mine on. "i don't have one!" She screamed. I just stared at her. The plane started plummeting fast. I looked down and took off my mask. "Chris.. NO!" She suddenly realized that the more she talked, the more oxygen she lost. I put my finger to her mouth and put my mask om her. She started crying even more. I pulled my beanie off to use it as a mask. I mouthed "I love you" before putting it on. I squeezed her hand and silently prayed to God that we'd both make it out in one piece. In that fact, everyone else.

I closed my eyes and waited for it all to be over. And then .... boom.

I could still hear Maddie's faded voice. "Chris wake up!" She was shaking me. "Chris!"

Maddie's POV

"Chris wake up!" I shook him one last time. His eyes shot open real quick and just stared at me. "Bad dream huh." i smirked. "You wouldn't want to know. Whyd you wake me up?" he said stretching. "We're landing in this small airport in Fargo because some idiot forgot to fill the plane with gas."

"Are we gonna get out?" he asked. I shrugged. "If you want to.Its only gonna be for an hour." He chuckled. "That's only if someone's gonna talk to me. I smiled at him.

After the plane landed, everyone decided to get out except us, and about 10 other people in the back. Not including the employees. I just looked at Chris and did a slight smile. "Look Mads, I'm sorry about today.." he sighed. "Hey, don't sweat it. You're famous, I'm not, Emily is. Somewhat." i sighed. "It's something I'm just gonna have to deal with."

He smiled. He took my hand and squeezed it. "You're still one of the coolest, funniest, prettiest girl I know. Famous or not famous." he smiled. I blushed. "Oh stop, you're too cheesy for my curds." "What?" he laughed. "Who says too cheesy for my curds?"

"i do!" I protested. "And that's what makes you special." he said squeezing my cheek with his free hand. I smiled. He stared into my eyes. I stared into his. He looked down to my lips, and looked back up. Gosh, his lips are so kissable at the moment. He started to lean in, and without thinking, I leaned in too. Soon enough, his lips made contact with mine. Our lips started moving in sync. I snapped off my seatbelt without losing contact, and climbed onto his lap.

I felt his smile as he kissed me. I ran my fingers through his hair. Then I suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" Chris asked, lowering his eyebrows. "This isn't right." I said, looking down. He sighed. I jumped back into my seat with my head still low. "I'm reaaaally sorry, it's just.. it's been awhile since I've been able to do that." he said. I looked at him and smiled.

"You've been waiting to do that again?" i asked. "Well yeah," he smirked. "Your kisses are the best."

"What about Emily?"

"Her kisses aren't as good as yours." he laughed. "I don't think she'd be too happy to hear that, Chris." i chuckled.

"Hey, um, why are you still with her anyways?" I already knew the answer, based on his and Brent's conversation. "Do you want the truth?" he asked. I nodded.

"It's because you really don't know me anymore.. you didn't even attempt to try.." he said as he adjusted his beanie.

"I could get to know you if you didn't spend as much time with her.. Besides, why should that matter?" I raised one eyebrow.

He took in a breath before speaking. "What are you trying to say?" he said as he looked into my eyes. "Well, there's something I need to tell you..." my voice faded out.

"Yeah?"

"Oh my gosh! Are you the real Chris Collins?!" Chris turned around to two girls. They looked like sisters. Both had brown eyes, long dark brown hair. "We're going to see you at the meet-and-greet tomorrow!" one of them said.

"Can we have your autograph?! And take a picture with you?!" the other one said. Well, they were basically squealing. Chris looked at me. "No, no. it's okay." I put my hand up. "I'll tell you later." he smiled at me and nodded to the girls. "Sure, why not."