Chapter 9: An Unexpected Event

Maddie's POV

It's been two weeks and I haven't had any contact with the Collins since the incident at the bowling alley. Things have changed somewhat I guess.

Well I haven't told anyone that I remember Chris, because I'm already pretty sure he hates me. So I'm just going to keep up the role as "skunk girl".

I've been taking alot of walks to the park lately, and most of the time, chris is there. But I'm pretty sure he hasn't noticed me yet. Ever since he ran into Emily again, he's been stalking her. Ha, wuss.

Matt and I are still dating but he's been been distant lately, and for some reason, Audrey has been too. So I guess it's just been me, myself, and I.

I had no right to be jealous of Chris whenever I saw him lurking around Emily. I was happy with Matt.

It was 11:08 AM and I was just scrolling through Facebook in my bed.

Matt changed his relationship status to "It's complicated".

What? There would be no reason for it to be "complicated". i decided to call him up to see what's going on.

M- Hello?

Mads- I saw your Facebook relationship change.

M- Um, I have no idea about what you're talking about.

Mads- .... what's going on?

M- It's probably Brent fucking with me again.

Mads- Whatever. What are you doing?

M- Just hanging around at home.

Mads- whatever I'll talk to you later.

I hung up and finally got out of bed. After an hour of preparing for the day, I decided to walk to Audrey's house and catch up on things. "Mom I'll be at Audrey's for a bit!"

*******************

I walked in like a total G, because one day Audrey's mom said "mi casa es tu casa." This is what I get for having a white/mexican as a best friend.

"Audrey?" I said looking around the house. Huh, that's funny.

I walked down the hall to her room. I knocked. "Audrey?"

I heard rustling in the sheets until about 10 seconds later, I just barged in. Clothes were everywhere, like usual. I found her, whole body under the sheets.

"Woah um am I interrupting something?" I said while backing up slowly.

"Yes! Now shoo!" She said flapping her hand to get me to go.

I closed the door. She would never tell me who she slept with, so being smart, and walked to the other room which had a jack and Jill bathroom connected to her room. The floors were creaking, so I walked slow and when I finally got there, I twisted the knob slowly.

It's not like I wanted to film it or watch it, I just wanted to get a glimpse of the guys face, and zoom out of there.

The guy was walking towards the bed, and when I saw his face, I shattered.

***************************

Chris's POV

Hunter asked me to come over not to just talk about our football game at the park, but to establish our friendship again.

"So how's Maddie been?" I asked.

"She's been good. She looks 100% recovered but you never know. Didn't she let you in on some scoop?" Hunter said on the computer.

"Nah, we don't talk anymore. We're like enemies I guess."

He stayed silent for a second. "You said like a month ago that you thought you were in love with her."

"I was in love with her. Not the girl that kept rejecting me because she didn't remember me. She didn't even attempt to give it a try to remember."

" . . . . . . . She never told me, but I knew she was really into you. The way she looks at you, it's not the same as how she looked at Matt. Ugh, thinking of him makes me want to hurt him." He put the computer on sleep and turned his chair to me.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Hunter. We've crossed each others lines. She hates me. It's too late."

The double doors pushed right open and there came Maddie, in tears, running straight to her room. In no time, the door slammed. Hunter gave me a confused look.

"Uh, I think you should handle that buddy." he said turning back to the computer.