Chapter 15: Lead The Way

Maddie's POV

"Maddie wake up." Chris was shaking me. "Leave me alone!" I said groaning and putting the extra pillow over my head. "It's 5:45. You have to look perfect for the paparazzi."

"Why? I'm just gonna be another girl in the crowd." I muffled under my pillow. "Nooo. I wanted to wait to tell you this but.. You're gonna be on stage with us. And next to me while I sign autographs." he said slowly. I took the pillow off my head and looked at him. "Are you fucking serious." i said with a boring tone. "Come on! Aren't you excited?" he was now sitting on my bed. "I am, but it means I have to try twice as hard to look pretty."

He laughed and ripped off my sheets. "WOAHH." he screamed. He closed his eyes and turned around as I took the sheets back. "You didn't tell me that you

sleep in your underwear!" he still said with his eyes closed. "Well it's comfortable and you out of all people should know how it feels to sleep in underwear and a loose t-shirt." i said sternly.

"Are you done." he asked, still eyes closed. I sighed and put on my shorts from yesterday that was next to me. "You can open your eyes now moron." he looked at me and sighed with relief. "It was actually kind of hot." he smirked. I pushed him off the bed and laughed.

"It's almost 6 and I need at least an hour to get ready so get out of my way." i said stepping over him. I started brushing my teeth when Chris opened the curtains.

"Clothe that shet" i tried my best to speak with the toothbrush in my mouth. "You mean close that shit? No thanks." he said laughing. I spit out my toothpaste. "I'm gonna take a shower now. Brush your teeth and do something with the drool on your face while you're waiting." Chris looked a little offended, but he just laughed it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Chris went into the shower for his turn, I picked out my clothes. I decided to go with a black maxi skirt and a crop top that was black and had a red design on it. I put it on after I was done lotioning myself. I combed out my hair as Chris came out of the bathroom. I couldn't help but stare at his abs first.

"Staring, huh?" he smirked. "No!" I gulped. "Then why are you still staring?" I blushed and turned back around. He grabbed his clothes, lotion, and deodorant, and went to the bathroom to change.

I decided to go with a Kylie Jenner makeup look. I clipped half of my straight brown hair up, with a little poof at the top. Chris had on casual jean shorts and a lime green tee on. "Lookin good, CC." i smirked. "CC?" he asked as he ruffled his hair. "Yeah. Chris Collins."

He nodded as he turned on the blow dryer. I just added a few accessories, waiting for Chris.

"Ready?" he asked. It was 7:01 and I already called for a cab, because that's how prepared I am. "Yep." Chris grabbed his beanie and we went out the door.

We got into the cab 5 minutes later.

You scared to be included in your first meet and greet?

I shrugged. "What's there to be scared of?"

All the hate you're gonna get because the fans are gonna think I'm with you.

I dunno. I'm probably just gonna stand there like an idiot.

Don't do that! I'm pretty sure they're gonna ask you questions or something.

Well what else am I supposed to do? Grind and look cute?

Yes.

Shut up.

They're not even that bad. All the girls screaming your name.

I don't think girls are going to scream my name..

You don't know that! They'll probably know you because of that one vine we did together. Remember?

"Y-" i forgot that I'm still supposed to put up my act of not remembering anything. "No.."

He sighed. "Oh yeah, I forgot that you, uh.. sorry."

"You can show me later though!" I smiled.

I'm really happy that you came. Thank you. It means alot.

Wouldn't it be better if Emily came?

No.. I like it just being us, like it used to be.

I smiled as he put his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

I miss us.

What?

.... I miss us.

What do you mean?

We used to hang out almost every day. Now it's like nothing ever happened. it's all my fault.

How?

That accident..

Oh.

I regret it so much.. we could've became something.

Like what?

... nothing it doesn't matter.

Tell me!

I said it doesn't matter. Didn't you have something to tell me yesterday?

Oh. Uh...

..........

I dont remember.

Oh. Okay.

"We're here." the unenthusiastic driver said. I took out my wallet to pay him. "Stop" Chris put his hand on mine. "I got this one." we both laughed.

"Wow.." was all I could say as I looked upon the mall. "This is the hugest mall I've seen in my life.."

"it has a amusement park, and a movie theater." Chris said. I stared at him In amazement. "Seriously?! We're coming here tomorrow."

"Fine by me!" he laughed. "Now let's get in before people see me."

We stepped into the mall and my eyes just wandered everywhere. This was a girls dream come true. Chris's phone started to ring as we walked down which seemed like a maze.

"Hello? .... Yeah where are you guys?" he stopped walking. "Okay." he hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked. "Carter. Says they're meeting at the front entrance of the amusement park."

"Lead the way," I said, "I don't know where the fuck I'm going."