Chapter 18: Autographs & Laughs

Chris's POV

Its been over 2 hours of us boys being, well, boys. I looked over to Maddie, and she was smiling more than ever. I smiled at the fact that she was happy. Brent whispered as loudly as he could in my ear. "Ten minutes till shutdown." I nodded. I spoke into the microphone. "I'm sad to say that we don't have time left." The crowd booed. "BUT! We are doing autograph signings on the third floor!" they screamed in happiness.

"So," Matt said. "We'll spend the rest of the time answering questions. When we pick someome make sure you're quiet. One of the security guards has a mic so they'll come to you." everyone raised their hands.

Maddie's POV

I decided to pick someone first. I scanned the crowd and immediately knew who I was picking. There was my Zac attack, in the ugliest disguise I've ever seen. I chuckled and said, "Um, guy in the sunglasses." he smiled and the guard went to him with the mic. He put on a fake accent and asked, "Chris, have you ever felt any way towards Maddie?"

Chris said, "depends on what 'way' you're talking about." he chuckled. "Like, love. Boyfriend girlfriend love." Everyone turned their heads toward Chris. Even I was interested in knowing his answer, even though I was pretty sure he liked me. "No," he laughed. "Its always been a brother-sister thing, until about a month ago."

I wasn't sure what to think. Was it for the media or was he telling the truth? Brent picked the next person. It was a girl that looked about 14. "Are you and Maddie still close?" I mentally rolled my eyes. Why was every question about us? "We're getting better. Its not like how it used to be." The girl automatically asked "why?"

"Well ever since she lost her memory, I was never able to regain the memories of us in her brain, and I guess she stopped trying."

"What do you mean I stopped trying? I never stopped trying." I budged in. "Is ignoring my texts and calls for two weeks stand for trying?"

I signed and tried to calm down so I wouldn't make a scene. "How do you expect me to try when you're always with Emily huh? She'd get jealous."

"I can't leave Emily to hang out with you."

"Exactly. That's why I don't try." I put my mic on the floor softly so it wouldn't make a screeching sound. I walked behind the curtain while the crowd was like "OOOO" I closed my eyes and let out a tear, trying to hide from everyone else. I wish I forgot everything again. I didn't want to deal with these feelings. I didn't want to know Chris anymore. Obviously he wanted Emily.

I can't blame him. Emily is known everywhere and I'm just a normal city girl that's probably only known by teens in Minnesota. I wiped my tears away and sucked it all up. "Still up for tomorrow?" I heard the familiar voice say behind me. I sighed without looking back so he wouldn't see my puffy eyes. "Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time for autographs. I made my way upstairs on the escalator by myself and found seats behind tables that said our names on there. OF COURSE MY NAME IS NEXT TO CHRIS. But hey, at least I have Jack J. with me to take my mind off of it. I was the first one there, so I sat down and in just minutes, they all made their way up with of course, girls squealing their names.

Chris and I made eye contact and it didn't take him long to figure out that we were sitting next to each other. The guards gave us a nod saying they were letting the girls in. One by one, they ran to any open slot there was. "Can I have an autograph by you too,Maddie?" A girl asked. I smiled in shock and signed it.

"See? Wasn't that bad was it?" Chris said to me. "Don't talk to me, I'm mad at you."

"Look I'm sorry I said the wrong name."