Chapter 2: The First Kiss

When we got to the park , Audrey pulled me to go sit on the benches to see the guys play. "look!" Audrey pointed to a guy with brown hair and brown eyes. "that's my brother." I chuckled.

"Oh yeah, sorry the suns in my face haha. How about him?" My face blushed red.

"Who's that?" I turned my face back to my normal fair skin color before answering. "My brothers friend." I was completely lying to myself. he's been my crush since forever.

"Oh hey maddie!" Chris waved to me when we met eyes. I waved back as butterflies fluttered through my stomach.

"He's cute!" Audrey squealed. jealousy was raging through me. "hey I'm gonna go sit in the shade." i walked to a tree and sat leaning against it, humming a few songs to myself.

"BOO!" I screamed turning around to find Chris laughing his butt off on the grass. "Chris! don't do that!" I laughed playfully hitting him. "what's up cutiepie?" his accent made me go crazy. He hugged me from behind. "ew get off of me chris! you're sweaty!'

Chris always played with me like I was his younger sister, even though he was only 18, a year older than me.

I wish he knew the feelings I had for him were genuine. I could never tell him I liked him, or tell anybody in that matter! he never felt the same anyways.

I told Audrey I was walking home, since it was only about a 10 blocks away. she nodded and went on the giving googley eyes to people like Brent Rivera.

"Let me come with you." I turned around. it was chris. act normal.. "why?" I asked. UGH just agree! "I'm tired." he said. I nodded, motioning him the walk forward to catch up with me.

"Excited for college?" I asked, breaking the silence. "yeah! cute girls for the most of it haha." I didn't say anything.

"Oh come on maddie bear you know I'm just joking with you!" he said hitting my arm. "well don't joke around." "Deal."

We got home and i went up to my room without acknowledging chris. "ahem." I heard a knock on my door. "you know you're not allowed in my room chris. we've only known each other a year and if you think I'm gonna let you in now because its summer, you're wrong."

"Pleaseeee maddieee!" he begged. ugh. "come in." I said with no expression. I was actually happy he was in my room. everything suddenly felt lighter. he jumped on my bed. "whatcha doin?" He said trying to peek at my phone. "get away chris!" I yelled pulling my phone back. that didn't help. he reached over falling on top of me making me drop my phone.

He looked me in the eyes with his glossy, bright green eyes. he leaned in and in no time his lips hit mine. it was so soft, I could barely feel it. sparks sent through my body, I couldn't believe it was happening.

"Um sorry." He broke the kiss and cleared his throat. damn. I sat up. "uh it's fine. sorry about that. just happened I guess?" "Yeah. Lets pretend it never happened." he said

I didn't want to pretend. did he not feel anything at all? was I just an accident?