Chapter 2; 1 1/2 of Ears

Do you ever believe life is just a illusion?

A illusions that all of us have been having?

And soon we may wake up in a whole new world, a whole new universe, whole new people, ...a whole new body..

I think this to myself everyday, that there might just be a larger and better place out there for me.

For everyone.

I was thinking this as I was getting driven over to Louis' house for a nice sleepover with Liam and Harry.

The radio welcomed my ears with its beautiful notes as it played the song Birthday, by Katy Perry.

I hummed along to the lyrics which soon turned into me rocking out to the song.

Then it broke out into a storm of coughs.

"Woah, Ni, you alright?" My mum patted my back.

"Yeah, I've been having cough attacks a lot mum.." I told her, even though I didn't want to let her know.

"Oh," she sighed "we shall get that checked, yeah?" She patted my head as we drove into Louis' driveway.

"Yeah.." I spoke under some of the breath I had left.

We both hopped out of the car as my mum got my small bag out of our trunk.

We walked up to Louis' doorstep together hand in hand.

Before we even rang the doorbell, I was greeted my three lads with wide arms.

"Niall!" Louis, Harry, and Liam shouted at the same time, giggling after.

Liam stole my beanie that I used to cover my half ear, so I ran inside and chased after him.

He ran from Lou's living room, dining room, then into the kitchen.

"Li, give me back my hat back!" I shouted at him over the marble island counter in the kitchen.

I was covering my ear for two reasons;

1) I barley have an ear anymore

2) The lads have never really seen my ear before

"But Ni, you always wear your beanies! Give your hair a break!" Liam told, holding tight on to my green Neff beanie.

"I thought you wanted to be a superhero! Not a villain!" I wined.

"Oh Niall, sweet little Niall, there is a little villain in everybody, good or bad." He explained.

Now, the only way you can catch up to Liam was well, there was no way.

So I had no choice then to jump over the marble island counter.

As I did so I tripped over the chip bowl and tripped into Liam's arms.

Liam practically ripped my hands off my ear and soon looked at it.

A quite 'woah' escaped his lips, but I'm used to it.

After about a minute of him investigating it he looked over at me with teary eyes, "it's not that bad Ni." A spoke slowly.

"Yes it is.." I told him.

"Just, give them some air. Please don't wear the beanie anymore." Liam begged.

"Okay.." I coughed soon having a cough attack making Liam put me down and pat my back.

"You alright mate?"

"Yeah.."

We walked up the stairs after I kissed my mum goodbye, looking for Harry and Louis.

Liam and I walked fast into Louis' room as we saw Louis sitting on top of Harry.

"Woah." Liam spoke, making Louis jump up as Harry quickly turned his head.

Louis jumped off of Harry shouting, "It's not what it looks like, I swear!"

Harry was more in shock by my ear. He could barley pay attention to what Louis was panicking about.

Harry just got up and walked over to me.

"Ni, what happened..?" Harry gasped, still in shock.

"It was like this from the fire.." I explained now getting Louis' attention.

"Woah mate." Louis walked over.

"It's fine, I'm fine. Let's go do something else" I told them, soon breaking out into a coughs attack.

The truth was I wasn't fine, I wasn't fine at all.