Chapter 10; Crayon Colored Friendships

Louis' POV (finally!!)

I could tell something was up with Niall. Whenever he feels sad, his eyes turn a blue that is as blue as the sea in a dark thunderstorm. They would shine with tears that were soon to come, except instead of a clear shining, it would be red. A blood red you would get from cutting your skin. A light drop would shine through his eyes, when he blinked it would go away but earn it's way back quickly. Like normal tears. They will blind up and you have to blink them away. I could see Niall was upset. He had the dark blue sea shining in his eyes and his hands in his grey hoodie that Harry once gave to him.

"Mum" I interrupted her conversation with Niall's mum about how expensive the stores supplies were and what they needed to get for us next. "Can I go somewhere with Niall?" I begged once she had stopped yapping her mouth like a dog.

"Where?" She looked at me, then at Niall's mum, then back at me again.

"Just- somewhere." I said quietly, looking back at Niall to see if he was listening. He wasn't.

I pointed at Ni, mouthing the words 'he is worried' to the mothers soon earning an 'ohh'

"Yeah sure Lou, be careful." Niall's mum smiled at me telling me to take care of her boy but she already knows I can. "Have him home by 3" she joked, "or else" she laughed.

I gave her a quick chuckle just because her joke wasn't that funny, then turned around to look at Niall.

He was staring at the ground, admiring his shoes that he has had for the last 6 mouths.

"C'mon Ni, let's go." I grabbed his wrist, earning a gasp from him.

"W-where?" He stuttered in shock then seeing someone in the shopping lane with us, he pulled away from my wrist and looked back at the ground.

"They won't judge you." I spat at him very plainly since our mothers were here and I think it would be strange to speak my words of wisdom infront of them.

I grabbed his wrist again, as he tried to pull away.

"Nope." I dragged him down the hall-like line that lead to every individual lane.

I searched for an empty lane then pulled him into it.

"Niall. What's bothering you." I looked up at him, him being to tall for me.

"I don't know Lou. I-I just don-t like coming out in public- much-" he was chocking up so much that he could finish his sentence.

"Niall, it's okay to be afraid. Your supposed to be afraid. You were in a fire for heaven sake. But think about it. What is the worst that can happen? Ni, you have to step up to the plate and take a swing for it, yes I just made a basketball reference and I don't even play basketball. What I'm trying to say Niall, just go and do what you want to do, don't care about others. And as corny as this sounds, I believe in you and I'm here for you ever step of the way. Okay?" I looked up at him again as I saw him listen to every word I had to say carefully, then kissed him on the forehead.

"It's baseball." He corrected.

"What?" I questioned not understanding him.

"Ya don't swing in basketball ya idiot ya swing in baseball." Niall laughed, smiling. Then planting a big, wet, friendship kiss on my forehead.

"Yes you do! In basketball you swing your hips!" I laughed.

"Jeez I love you Lou." Niall chuckled.

"I love me too." I responded with when we went back to our mums.

F L A S H B A C K

It had been the 3rd day of kindergarten and as a young lad, you could say I was angry? Sad? As a grown man you could say depressed? Hopeless. Of course I didn't come on the first day because I was too traumatized from being away from my family for a long amount of time, so I just stayed home watching the Wiggles and Blues Clues all day eating chocolate pudding.