Chapter 11; Stairway Falls and Rudolf the Cookie Dough nose

Niall's POV

We all laughed in our small circle of sleeping bags, like we did before I knew the bad news.

"So, mates. One more day until we are open to the world of school." Liam sighed, shaking his head.

"Make it go away, Batman." I said, placing my head on his shoulder.

Ruining the moment, Louis pops into our conversation saying, "you guys would be cute together!" With a big grin on his face.

My face flushes red as I quickly move my head off Liam's shoulder.

"Stop it Lou! We are just friends! God, you should see Harry and yourself there!" Liam laughed as Louis put his arm around Harry.

"He's mine" he yelled as we all laughed.

"I call Ni if you get Haz, deal?"

"Deal."

"wait guys we didn't even agree to this!" I yelled earning a laugh from all of them.

"So what are you guys wearing to school tomorrow?" Liam sighed, grabbing his bag. "I'm wearing this." He started pulling different items out of his bag.

He pulled out a white tank top and a plaid velvet red, yellow, and black shirt. He then pulled out some simple dark washed skinny jeans with eagle pattern on the back left pocket. To add to the outfit, he added a eagle necklace that I had got him for his 9th birthday.

"Woah, nice outfit, mate." Louis congratulated him.

"Thanks, I'm wearing them with the white cat Converses that you guys were making fun of." He grumbled.

"Cats and Eagles don't go well together Li." I laughed, judging his choice in clothes.

"Funny, very funny." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't know guys, I kinda like his cat shoes." Harry awaken from his long time from not talking.

"Thank you Haz!" Liam gasped, running his hand through Harry's hair.

"Okay guys, it's 7:15pm,what else do you want to do?" Louis yawned.

"I could go for another round of sundaes." Harry smiled, guilty.

"Let's go then. My mom thinks we are sleeping so we have to be quiet." Louis whispered.

We all nodded, put on our slippers, and began tip toeing quietly down the 2 long staircases, Louis and Liam down one staircase, and Harry and me down the other. We took a left into the cold mint and white kitchen.

Louis family has always been rich, always have, and hopefully always will be. But we don't see Louis as a rich friend. We just see him as a friend, not caring about if he is rich or not. Louis will be Louis, rich or broke. We just love him as a brother.

The kitchen was filled with expensive plates and teacups all designed white with mint and gold patterns on each. The cupboards was a white with a plastic gold painted knob. The fridge was a paradise, never empty. Filled with the most delicious foods you could find. The ceiling had gold lining and a painting of the sea above, whenever we question Lou about it, he says 'the gods are always watching us, including the god of the sea.' Which Harry absolutely admires.

We holds hands in the kitchen, giggling since we are breaking the rules.

Louis opens the freezer, and we stay frozen.

Almost 10 different types of ice cream welcomed our eyes.

Louis held a grin on his face as if saying, dig in.