Chapter 17; Just A Cut Of A Red Ribbon

Niall's POV

We gathered in a small sitting circle on the newly mowed lawn of the school.

I'll admit, they had fixed it up nicely and made it presentable now, but I know it won't last long being that we have students here who loves to destruct things such as writing a curse word on the bathroom door.

My hands were shaky and I could already feel several eyes burning at me.

I tried to cover up best as I could but Liam would notice, then notify Harry and Louis. Then they would comfort me.

"Hey! Haz your backpack matches the walls of the school!" Liam laughed as he pointed at the comparisons.

We all laughed a quick laugh but I soon noticed Louis.

He did not look well, at all. His bronze tanned skin was no longer shinning but replaced with sweat. His green jacket was lose all around him, but I remembered a time when it fit perfectly. Louis so fit at one point, he was all meat and muscle. Slowly he started to become thinner and thinner. His bronze skin started to glow less and his smile began becoming faker and faker.

"Lou" I called attempting to grab him attention.

His bright blue innocent eyes looked up at me. They used to be bold and confident. I haven't seen them in awhile, now a days they are replaced with sadness and worried sometimes even hiding tears. Louis being Louis always knows his tips and tricks though, he replaces his sadness with a fake smile that will never be as bright. I try not to question Louis, knowing that it's not my right. Every time I mention to Liam of how Louis has been changing he tells me he doesn't see it and that we should let him be.

"Yeah, Ni?" He glared at me.

"You okay? You seem worried." I sighed.

"Don't worry about me, alright?" He fake smiled before wrapping his weak spaghetti-like arms around my shoulders before I cuddled into his delicate side. He winced at my sudden movement, holding his breath in pain.

"Sorry." I let out before moving away from his slender body, allowing him to still have his arm around me.

"It's alright." He let his anxious breath out before continuing to listen to Harry and Liam's conversation of nonsense.

"So Gemma put her Christmas list in the fridge and not on the fridge because she thought mum said in the fridge!" Harry tried to explain, but his laughter making it hard to let out.

Then I remembered Christmas is next week, meaning that I still have to buy presents for everyone.

We erupted in laughter at Harry's story before hearing a voice on the loud speaker.

"Good Morning and Welcome to Wavers!" Crowds of jocks and cheerleaders erupted in shouts and cheers to our mascot, a hedgehog, for no reason. "Since today is our first day back after some incidents," I knew that I was the incident. "We will be having an annual grand opening with a red bow cutting! If you head near the entrance door, to the left of the beautiful hand print masterpiece, you will see a door with a red ribbon across it. At 7:30am we will be officially opening the doors to our school for the first ever time!" I sighed and mourned in memory of the old school. "We hope you have a safe and great rest of your day Wavers!"
-

Large crowds of students gathered around the small double door that was held shut by a ribbon.

"And without further or do, welcome to Wavers high school."

She opened her big red scissors and sliced at the fabric, finally cutting the silk after the 3rd attempting.

With the last cut of freedom, I knew it was just the start of a wild run.
________________

Sorry for the late updates, school has been very busy lately. VERY.

I've had 2 projects due tomorrow, a test I need to study for, and with all of that I need to stay on track with homework.

Very soon it's Christmas Break, sadly I think I only have 6 days off so that sucks.

Yes there will be a Christmas special!

-Chloe🎄🎅🎁