The Wait Is Over

A one-shot I did not plan on writing, but turned out to be the longest one I have so far.:)

Inspired by the many love stories, heartbreaks and everything I have heard the past days.:)

Dedicated to Ate Chee. Her one-shots are just epic!

__________________

"I guess love is just a tricky part of life. You either play it the right way, or cheat para makuha mo agad ang gusto mo."

~AquilaAndromeda~

June 3, 2014

__________________

the wait is over

My heart has been broken for so many times, and I have had so many failed relationships. Sa dami nila, I have lost count already. Yet, I never stopped loving. I continued to take risks, continued to get myself out there in spite the fear of getting hurt all over again.

I have bravely faced the battle of love, completely surrendering all of me para mapatunayan ko sa taong mahal ko na seryoso ako and that I am willing to sacrifice whatever I have just to win their heart.

I was still so young – my heart was still so vulnerable – when I fell in love with Eunice, my best friend. She’s the one person who knows everything about me. Mula pagkabata, I have always had this liking for her. But when I finally had the courage to tell her what she truly meant for me on our 3rd year in high school, she dumped me like she never truly cared for me.

"You are nothing but a friend to me, Peejay. I'm sorry kung inakala mo na posibleng maging tayo. I am in love with Jack."

Just like that, my fragile heart was crushed for the first time. I lost my first war over my good friend, Jack. Worse was I lost my best friend just because of these misled feelings.

It sucked, it really did.

I finally moved on, though, when I got into college. I met Shaira, the second person who made my heart beat abnormally. As if it hasn't been shattered before, I fought for my love for her. For 2 years I remained faithful to a one-sided love I let myself drown into. Akala ko kasi makikita nya rin ako. That one day, she will look at me with love on her eyes.

Pero I was wrong... again.

"I already have a boyfriend, Peejay," she said. "You know Andrew, right? The captain of the football team? I just said yes to him yesterday. I'm sorry."

My heart was totally torn into pieces.

As if it wasn't painful enough, sinabihan pa nya ako ng, "I just can't see myself with you. You are too... perfect."

How lame was that?! I am too perfect? God! Who would ever believe in that? Am I?

At bakit kelangang paabutin pa nya ng dalawang taon ang paghihirap ko kung at the end, wala rin lang naman pala?

I almost died that day due to the pain I was feeling. I almost committed the biggest mistake I could have ever made. Buti na lang at natauhan ako before I jumped from the rooftop – that was just silly and… cliché.

"You're just so nice, Peejay. Kahit sinong babae mai-intimidate sa kabaitan mo. Wala nang lalake na ganyan kagalang ngayon."

That came from the third girl who broke my heart. It was on our last year in College when I found the courage to love again. Yet, like boomerang, the same heartbreaking feeling came smashing my heart.

"But, Laine... at least give me a chance." I pleaded like I would get a pot of gold in return.

"No, Peejay." She started to walk away from me. Before she left, tiningnan nya akong muli and stated her parting words. "Try to be a little naughty and... less nice."