Chapter 28| My First Everything

Sorry if the updates are a little slow, life's hectic right now but I promise I'll post as often as possible x

Big chapter, don't hate me 😂

The chapter does have some touchy stuff in so just warning ya x

Comment and vote, I really appreciate it x

...
Emma POV:

The car ride was tense, silent, awkward. My eyes were burning as a glared at all the rain sliding down the window as Killian drove me home.

I really don't know what came over me just ten minutes ago. I couldn't help myself when I saw him close the door of his car one last time. I guess I knew it was the end of something; us, his job, his life in Storybrooke. My heart needed some kind of closure, a goodbye. Because I knew the moment he dropped me off at my house one last time, that it would probably be the last time I would see him again. Am I ready for that? I don't know. Was I really ready to say goodbye to my first love, my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first 'I love you', my first everything...

I really didn't know.

A tear slipped from my eye and I tried to wipe it away quickly so Killian didn't notice, but he did. As his eyes were still focused on the road, his hands interlaced with mine as they rested on my lap. Momentarily his head turned to me and his expression softened the moment he saw my tear stained cheeks, my eyes all red and puffy. "Hey, Hey, what's wrong?" He whispered before pulling into the side of the road.

He turned off the engine and shifted in his seat. I attempted to hold back my sobs when I saw his eyes but I ultimately failed. He took my damp face in his hands. He was gentle, loving, cautious. "What's wrong... Emma" He whispered as he slowly brought his forehead to mine. I closed my eyes for a few brief moments as all the tears leaked through my lashes. Drawing a deep breath, both my hands moved up to rest on his neck.

"K-Killian...I don't know how to say goodbye" I cried as my grip on his hair and neck became tighter. I could feel his hands shake is he pulled his head away. "This isn't goodbye, I can promise you that..." His voice cracked as I saw the tears burn in his eyes.

His forehead went back to mine before we brought our lips together. I don't know who leaned in first but I guess it was mutual. Our lips melted together as we brought our faces closer than I thought was physically possible.

And we stayed like that.

Still.

Just hoping this wasn't all just a dream.

I don't know who pulled away first, maybe him, maybe me, I didn't know. I didn't know a lot of things anymore. But Killian was the one thing I was certain of.

"Come back with me to the apartment..." He half asked as he sat back in the leather seat. I scanned his eyes as my brain went into some sort of overdrive. Do I go? No it's only going to hurt you more. But if I don't then I might miss my chance of fixing this. But it's also going to make the goodbye harder if it doesn't work out.

"I can't..." I replied bluntly as I faced my head forward. "It's just going to make it harder for me...us" I continued as I wiped away the last of my tears. I turned to my neck to catch his reaction but he was already twisting the key before igniting the engine. He pressed his foot on the gas but made a right turn instead of a left turn to my house. "Killian what the hell are you doing, I'm going home!" I snapped as he sped up along the road. "Killian slow the fuck down Jesus Christ. What the hell are you doing!?" I screamed as he drove quicker.