Chapter 32| What Are You Hiding From Me?

So sorry for the slow updates, I've been busy all week 🖤

I sighed heavily as I unlocked the door to my apartment. I threw my satchel onto the ground before pacing over to my coffee machine and poured myself a cup. As I walked back over to the sofa I stubbed my toe against the kitchen island. "Ah shit" I hissed as I hopped on one foot; coffee spilling all down my. "Bloody hell" I growled as I finally made it to the seat. I placed the coffee down before peeling off my shirt and throwing it aside.

I layed across the leather as I switched on an old black and white movie, mine and Emma's favourite. It was only 4:30 and I was exhausted. It had been such a long day but my swan was coming to stay for the night because her mom was on a 'girls night out' with her friends so she wouldn't be back until the morning.

~

"Mr Jones it's illegal to sleep with a minor." Miss Morrison stated angrily. "But s-she's not, She 18-" I tried to reason but she was already standing up. "Constabulary are outside. Thank you but this was self-inflicted. You may have ruined that girls life, and you've certainly ruined yours. Goodbye." She spat as she walked round her desk. "No! No I have not! Promise me one thing: she won't get hurt! She can't be! And please tell me, how did you know?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as the metal from the handcuffs were being wrapped around my wrists. She looked up and paused with saddened eyes.

"Your siblings, Killian"

And I felt my heart crack. The betrayal, the god damn betrayal. I knew now that this was all my fault. I ruined everything for them two, This was revenge. Having my own family turning against me hurt more than anything, but nothing could match to the pain I felt for Emma. But my head and heart was heavy. My brain was clouded with anger, sadness and disappointment.

I've lost my job.

I've lost my family.

I've lost my future.

I've lost my Emma.

I've lost my true love.

I've lost everything.

As the brutal push of the policeman's hand against my back marched me into the hallways, a few students began to gather. We reached the end of the hall, nearly outside, where I looked back one more time. There I saw a heartbroken Emma gazing at me with tears streaming down her face. "Promise me?" She mouthed as she took a few steps forward. "I promise" I mouthed back before they pushed me through the doors.

The last things I heard were Emma's cries and screams. "Killian! Killian! Please, please don't go-" She cried into her best friends arms as she fell to the ground.

"Killian!"

~

"Wake up! Killian wake up!" She shouted, causing me to flinch up. I glanced round frantically, double checking my surroundings before I pulled Emma quickly into my arms. "Hey, it was just a nightmare, it's all just a dream, just breath" She whispered as she stoked my hair. My body was sweating and shaking as she whispered sweet nothings in my ears to calm me down.

"It was just a nightmare" She said before pulling away. She rested here forehead against mine as we both closed our eyes, just enjoying the moment. "Feeling better?" She asked when my breathing steadied out. I placed a gentle kiss to her lips before looking into her forest green eyes, "Yes. Thank you" I sighed before we began Eskimo kissed, our noses nudged.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked as she sat in my lap. My hands wrapped around her waist as I pulled her close to me, never wanting to let her go. I just shook my head, "I just thought I lost you" I smiled as I kissed her temples. "I'm not going anywhere Jones" she laughed. Then her stomach growled, causing her cheeks to become flushed.

"Come on, let's make dinner, I'm starving" she whined as she grabbed my hand to pull me up. I laughed as we walked over to my kitchen to make something.

As I was stirring the pasta I felt a certain someone's hands wrap around my naked torso. "Hmm, what do you want little one?" I smiled as I felt her snuggle her face into me. "I just wanted a cuddle" she giggle adorably before pulling away. "Is that okay?" She laughed. I just shook my head, "of course love..." I sighed before turning back to the pasta but she grabbed my wrist.

"Hey Killian, what's wrong, you're acting strange..." she said seriously as her grip tightened slightly. "I'm fine..." I smiled before quirking a brow. I leaned over her as the looked into my eyes with a big smile on her lips. "What are you hiding from me?" She said happily as her hands wandered my chest. "Absolutely nothing" I whispered before lunging and grabbing her face. I attacked her lips with a fervid passion, this woman will be the death of me.

"Let's eat" I suggested when we pulled away. We dished up the food and soon ate it. We began cleaning up but Emma kept getting distracted by her phone. I decided to play around a bit so I snuck up behind her and snatched it from her hands. "Killian!" She screamed as she chased me around rather island.

I stopped suddenly and she fell straight into my bare chest. She laughed hysterically as she tried to jump up and reach for her precious device but with no avail. "You came here to spend the night with your boyfriend, not with Ella or August or whoever's instagram shows on your feed." I laughed as she continued her feeble attempts. "I- do- like- spending- time- with- you- just- give- me- my - phone!" She laughed between every jump. "Nice try little one" I grinned as I reached higher.

"I'm not little!" She whined as she stopped breathless. "Yes you are." I stated. "Not I'm not!" She scoffed as she crossed her arms. "You are to me" I whispered as she stormed away and an, arguably adorable, rage.

I cleaned the last of the dishes when I felt her jump on my back. "Got ya now!" She laughed as she snatched the phone from me. Her legs were still wrapped around my waist when she placed kisses on my neck. "Take a photo" I half stated, half asked. She pulled  up her camera and switched it on us. "Smile" she cheered as she snuggled her nose in the crook of my neck for the photo. Even I had to admit, it was a god damn cute photo.

"I missed you little one" I sighed as she climbed off of me and crawled back into my arms. "I didn't go anywhere?" She questioned as she pulled away to look at me. "I know. I just missed you" I said as I kissed her cheek. She brought my lips onto hers gently as we went into a smooth dance. Like most of our kisses, it's started off all sweet and tender but soon grew heated.

I felt her begin to assault my neck as we swayed out way back to the bedroom. Her calves hit the bed frame and we both fell down. Both our clothes were scattered else where as Emma lectured me about me being too cautious. I wasn't paying too much attention because she deserved the respect and her beautiful body deserved the truest of love.

And then we were in a room filled with happy screeches, skins clapping and an unconditional love for one another. I would never tired of this. She made me feel things I didn't know were possible.

If only she knew the truth to my lie....