FOUR

Four | taken

I turned away immediately -though that might have been a poor action from my side- and grabbed Pietro's hand almost instinctively. My eyes were already scanning the room and the more I looked the more people I found who didn't seem to fit in quiet right.

"We need to go," I whispered tugging at his hand and grabbing Wanda's arm on the way.

"What about the mission?" Wanda asked.

"If we stay here, we are dead," I mumbled, rounding around a group of laughing women and ignoring their glares when we bumped into them.

"Wait, do you know him?" Pietro ask after staying uncharacteristically quiet for a while.

"Long story," I answered, finally stopping in front of the back door which I had planned to be our escape route just in case something went wrong. I steeped out the door first, my eyes scanning the area for any threats.

Once it was clear, the three of us quickly walked down the road and headed into an alley way. Pietro opened the lid of the dumpster and pulled out a large black plastic bag we had stored in there earlier. He threw a pair of shoes to Wanda who quickly swapped them for her heels. He dug into the bag again and handed me a gun.

The sound of approaching footsteps caught our attention and the three of us exchanged a look before getting ready.

"You sure we can't run?" Pietro whispered.

"Not anymore," I mumbled. "We have a mission to complete. And running would increase the chances of us getting shot anyway."

I pressed my back against the wall, gun held close to my chest and glanced at the twins. They gave me a nod and I rounded around the corner, gun pointing straight at the man with grey eyes.

A small laugh escaped his lips. "Is this how you greet your father after... how long has it been?" He asked, frowning. "Six? Seven years? Look how you've grown!"

Pietro and Wanda stepped out of the alley and stood behind me, identical looks of confusion and shock written on their faces. He glanced up once he saw the twins and I took his slight distraction to press a finger to the face of my watch on my wrist to start the downloading process.

"Unfortunately, we don't have time for a reunion," he said, pulling something out of his pocket, "we have work to do."

He dropped the small device to the ground. And right when it hit the surface, a high pitched sound emitted from it causing me to let go of the gun and press my hands against my ears in pain. My legs buckled under me and my knees hit the ground hard but I kept my hands pressed against my ears as the sound only seems to get louder and louder.

My father bent down and picked up the device a few seconds later and pressed a button on the side causing he noise to stop. I let out tired, ragged breaths as I pulled my hands away and glanced down at them eyes wide when is aw the dark, crimson blood that stained them.

I reached up and gingerly touched my ear again only to wince and pull away when it stung. I could feel the wet blood trickle it's way down from my ears slowly and looked up at my father who seems pleased.

Why was I not surprised?

"Hmm... It seems to affect different people in different ways," he mumbled as his eyes lazily moved over me to look behind me.

I turned around, though my head throbbed with the action, to glance behind me where Pietro and Wanda were both lying unconscious on the ground. My father walked over to them prodding them lightly with his foot as if to test whether they were actually unconscious. Once he was satisfied, he walked back over to where I sat on the ground.

He bent down in front of me and brushed a strand of hair away from my sweaty forehead causing me to flinch at the small action. He smiled before standing and looking over at one of the many people who stood watching.

"Leave the girl," he instructed his eyes landing on Wanda, "and take the boy to the van."

I watched as the man stepped forward and pulled Pietro's hands back before putting handcuffs on them. Then he proceeded to place a black bag over his head before dragging him away.

My father stepped in on of me again, that sly smile still in place. One of his men handed him a bag identical to the one they had put over Pietro's head.

"You," he said with a smile that seems to hold so many secrets in them, "are going to be a very valuable asset to me. And for your friends sake, don't try to do anything rash."

I followed his gaze to where a man held a gun pressed Wanda's forehead and I groaned inward when I realised any option of escape were out of my hands now. If I did anything, I risked the chance of Wanda getting hurt. The truth was, there was nothing I could really do. Whatever he had done to me had weakened me considerably. I felt dizzy and my head throbbed painfully.

Someone grabbed my hands from behind me and I felt the cool metal of the cuffs dig into my wrists as he secured them. The last thing I saw was my father before he put the bag over my head.

✳✳✳

Dun dun daan!!!

What do you think? Her dad's back! What do you think he wants? I've been planning this since halfway through book one and now that it's happening, it's so exciting!!!

So, leave your thoughts through a comment. Maybe throw in a vote if you liked the chapter? And as always, thanks for reading!