ONE

One | overly dramatic

I left the tablet in the lab after setting it to decrypt the data in it and returned to my room. I had only just closed the door when a knock sounded and I turned to open it.

Pietro stood on the other side and raised a hand whispering a 'hello' before i gestured for him to come in. He walked inside and paced back and forth for a second before stopping.

"What's up with you?" I asked, shutting the door behind him.

"I was just wondering..." He started. "It has been over a month since what happened... between us. When are we going to talk about it?"

I bit my lip nervously, wringing my hands together wondering what to say. "I don't think this is the best time to talk about it," I said slowly.

A look of disappointment washed over his face at my words and I instantly felt bad. I stepped forward and took his hands in mine.

"Trust me when I say that I want to talk, but right now, we need to focus on the mission," I explained. "Once this is over, we'll talk. I promise."

He nodded and squeezed my hands before letting go and walked out of the door, swinging it shut only to open it again.

"When are we going out again?" He asked. He paused for a second and his eyes went wide. "I don't mean out like us. I meant for the mission. Me, you and Wanda-"

"I know what you meant," I laughed as an embarrassed smile made its way onto his face. He scratched the back of his head waiting for my answer. "I haven't found anything yet but when I do, I'll let you guys know."

"Okay," he nodded again before swing into the door shut, and this time it didn't open again.

"Well, he seems nice."

That was one of the very few times someone had been able to sneak up on me. I spun around in surprise to see Nick Fury standing in a corner -a shadowed one- with his eyebrows raised as if he was impressed by something.

"Sir, I didn't know you would be here," I mumbled.

"That's kind of the point, Vincent."

"Okay," I said slowly.

"And I'm not here to spy on you, don't worry," he said, walking forward and digging his hands into the pockets of the long coat he wore. "I'm here to give you something."

He pulled a small black box out of one of the pockets and held it out for me. I glanced at it curiously before looking up at fury who gestured for me to take it.

The box fit neatly into my hand. It was made of a smooth metal, one that I could tell was pretty tough.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's a chip we found a long while back," he said. "We kept it in The Fridge for safekeeping until it was raided but recovered it later on. Since then, I've been passing it from agent to agent. It's not safe to keep it in one place for too long."

"And you're giving this to me?" I asked.

"Yes," he nodded. "Because I trust you with this task. Now, I can't give you too much information about it except that it's very dangerous in the wrong hands. Won't be easy to open that thing but there are a lot of people after it. Can I trust you with this?"

"Of course," I nodded.

"Then you can't tell anyone about this," he said. "Do you understand? No one. Not even the Avengers."

"Okay," I said.

"Then I'll see you in a month or so," he smiled. "Turn around."

I didn't ask him why I was supposed to turn around but when I turned back a few seconds later, he was gone. I smiled wondering whether anyone would ever be able to make a dramatic entrance or exit like Nick Fury.

✳✳✳

I know this is shorter than my normal chapters but if I wrote more, the next chapter would be wierd. I'm hoping you picked up he fact that Clarke and Pietro aren't together yet. Nope, they haven't talked yet. You just have to wait. *Cue evil laugh*

Anyway, please consider giving a vote or leaving a comment to let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!