Hide and Seek

"You think the girls will bring it inside" Asked Matt. They stood behind a huge bush looking at the girls.
"They aren't just going to leave it outside," Jeff responded.
"I wonder if they'll ever figure out on their own that it's us," Jeff added. 
*************************************
   "You've got to be kidding me!" Trish bent down and picked up the stuffed bears. She opened the door. They walked in and Trish slammed the door shut.
"I'm going to look at it closely and see if there are any hints." Lita said as she let Jasmine loose.
"You go ahead and do that. I'll make sure that the windows are shut because of this tornado warning." Trish answered waking to a nearby window. Lita looked at the bear carefully. She saw a tag at the bottom and looked at it. She found a small writing in there.
To Hardy's. It was scribbled with pen.
"Yo! What's up with this?!" Lita said loud enough so Trish could hear. Trish walked over.
"Look," Lita pointed.
"Ha! End of our investigation," Trish said.
"Now how do we get it out of them?" Lita asked.
"Easy. This plan will work next time they're over." Trish explained the plan.
"Then they'll finally have to give in,". Trish finished.
"Sounds good!" Lita said. They sat on the couch and watched tv. It started raining outside. They were watching Cake Wars.
"I'm going for the brunette. Her cake looks the best." Trish said.
"Same. Hers looks better decorated. I feel like the others have a plain cake." Lita answered. The girls heard thunder and the power turned off. They both jumped.
"Fuck this shit!" Trish said. Jasmine quickly ran to the couch. Lita picked her up. It was almost pitch black in the house.
"Li, I'm scared. We have to go into survival mode," Trish and Lita got closer together.
"What is this? Minecraft?" Lita laughed.
"Li!" Trish scowled.
"Okay, okay. Sorry. Let's go find some candles or something," Trish grabbed Jasmine and the girls used their phones to find some candles. They found a pack of them.
"I don't remember ever buying these. Who cares though." Trish opened the bag.
"How are we going to turn them on? I don't own a lighter." Trish asked.
"Well then. I guess we're screwed," Lita brought the candles with her back to the couch. Trish followed.
"Im actually scared. I hate it when it's thundering and the lights go out," Lita said.
"I wish the boys were here," Trish said.
"I agree," Lita answered back.
"Aww! We won't get to see who lost that round of Cake Wars!" Trish complained. The girls laughed.
"Where are the boys when you actually need them?!" Lita asked. There was a knock on the door.
"Looks like the boys heard you," Trish said and got up. This time Lita held Jasmine and followed. Jasmine was sort of shaking. Poor thing was scared. Trish opened the door and saw the boys.
"Hi. Our power went off and we wanted to see if you girls were alright,"
"We're fine," Trish said.
"No, we're actually not. We both hate thunder and power outage. Especially when they happen at the same time. Basically, we're terrified right now." Lita truthfully spoke.
"Looks like you girls need some comforting," Matt said. The girls let them in. The boys were soaking wet.
"How long were you guys out there?" Asked Lita.
"We just walked here. It's pouring out there that's why we're so wet," Answered Jeff.
"You boys can take your shirts off if you want and hang them in the laundry room," Trish suggested. The boys nodded and did as they were told.  They sat back down on the couch. There was an awkward silence. Jasmine came in. Trish gasped.
"My heels!" Trish ran over and grabbed her favorite heels out of Jasmine's mouth.
"Li!" Trish looked at Lita.
"What?!" Lita smiled a little.
"Didn't you get her chew toys or something? Look at what she did to my heels!" Trish raised her heels up. They were chewed from the top.
"I got her a lot. Apparently, that was her favorite one," Lita laughed. The boys did too. Trish grabbed a pillow and threw it at Lita.
"It's not funny!" This time she threw the heel at her.
"Just buy new ones, Trish," Lita looked at the heels. Both of them weren't in good shape.
"I mean I have to now!" Trish sat back down.
"Do you forgive Jasmine?" Asked Lita. Jasmine cocked her head at Trish.
"How could I not forgive that cute thing?" Trish pouted.
"Well. What a great surprise," Matt said. He laughed. The rest laughed including Trish.  Jasmine trotted towards Matt. She looked at him weird. She then went over to Jeff. She tried to climb up the couch. Jeff helped her. She walked over Jeff and then Lita. She stopped when she got to Matt. Everyone was looking at Jasmine. She started barking at Matt. Matt petted her and she stopped.
"So... what shall we do?" Asked Trish. They all looked at Lita.
"I don't know," She finally said.
"Let's play hide and seek in the dark," Trish suggested.
"Alright," They all said.
"Who's it?" Asked Trish.
"Not it," She said right after.
"Not it!" Lita and Jeff screamed at the same time. They all looked at Matt.
"I know, I'm it," Matt said. He went to a corner and started counting. Trish went to the kitchen and disappeared.
"I don't really know your house," Jeff whispered to Lita.
"Follow me," Lita answered back. Lita went upstairs and Jeff was right behind her. She went to the end of the hall and opened a door to the left. It was a guest bedroom. She opened a door next to he closet. It had stairs. They both walked up the stairs and into the attic. Jeff shut the door behind him. Lita shined her flashlight at the floor. They hid in a corner.
"I hope he doesn't come up here," Lita whispered.
"He probably won't," Jeff answered back. There was thunder. Lita jumped.
"Oh my lord! That scared me," She whispered. Jeff laughed.
"I don't know what's so funny, Hardy!" Lita said in an angry manner.
"You look cute when you're mad," Jeff looked at her. She didn't know what to say. He brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear.
"I'm not mad. I was scared," Lita defended herself.
"Well don't be scared. I'm here," He moved closer to her. They heard a door open. They both got closer to the corner. Lita reached over for a blanket that was nearby and put it on top of them. They heard footsteps coming up. They kept quiet. The footsteps walked slowly towards them. A hand pulled the  blanket and revealed them.