Chapter 22

Like I said in the comments, sorry for my infrequent updates. I will try to update a lot this week. TRY. I do have things to do also, so if I had no life and I could just do this 24/7, trust me I would. If I could be a creative original plot writer, I'd become an author this instant. But sadly, I can't think of anything with an original plot and characters, I only write fan fiction. Thanks for reading! If I ever decide to write book, I will tell you guys. Thanks, bye!

I am getting ready for my mastermind plan. Well, not mastermind, but armature plan. I will be all normal when we go to school, and yes, we are both fine with our school work and will still go to school. We got our homework when I was in the hospital. I told Christina to tell everyone that Tobias liked Twilight. The whole school is going to make fun of him, but not say who planned this. This will be funny. Right now he is still running, well hiding, from me. It's really hilarious. I can't wait to get to school tomorrow. I stop, I'm out of breath. I decide to call out to him. "I'm going home, my parents will want to see me!" Amar will give him a ride. I will walk, it's only five blocks away.

~~~~At Tris' House~~~~

When I walk into the driveway I see y parents' cars.

"Hey Mom and Dad!" I say when I get into the house. 

"Honey where were you? We were so worried!" my mom says, embracing me in a tight but comforting hug.

"I was with Tobias at the hospital, he um, his um, his.."

"What happened?"

 "Well it's not my story to tell you." I say, and I don't want to tell them about it anyways.

"Tell me, or I will call Marcus." my dad says. Fine see how that works for you.

"Go ahead." I say, nodding in the direction of the phone, keeping my eyes locked with his.

"All right, I will." and he picks up the phone. "I will put it on speaker so you can hear what he has to say." and I'm glad he's doing that. 

When someone answers the phone, it's not Marcus. I recognize the voice, Amar. "I'm sorry Mr. Eaton will not be able to take calls for a while, I'm sorry. May I ask who is speaking? "

"Yes, Andrew Prior." 

"He's my father, and this is Tris." I say.

"Oh, well, I can inform you if that is okay with Marcus' son." Amar says. "I can ask him, hold on, he's in my backseat."

My parents look at me funny. "He needed a ride home from the hospital." I say.

"He says that he could be dropped off there if that is okay with you two."

"Yes it is." Mom butts in before Dad can say anything, smart. 

"Well we are almost there, so just a minute. Goodbye Tris, and Mr. and Mrs. Prior as well." 

"Bye." I say, and the very familiar buzz of the phone sends vibrations through the room.

 When Amar pulls in the driveway, I see Toby run up to the house and knock on the door. I answer, and he hugs me. "I'm so sorry." 

"Shh, it's okay. Okay?"

"'Kay."

"So, what is the story with your father?"

"Well," he wraps an arm around my waist, "You may not believe this, but Marcus was abusive. He would whip me, and beat me, but today, he pulled a knife and stabbed me, so I went to the hospital, but the only reason that he is now in prison is because of your daughter. She practically saved my life."

"How did she know?" my mother asked. 

"She knew that he was abusive, it started when I was about six or seven."

"Why didn't we know, we couldv'e helped you." Mom says.

"He would know that I told you, and he would lie and manipulate his way out of it, and then beatings would be a whole lot worse."

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry!" my mom says, hugging him and me. 

''No, Tris helped a lot though. It would've been really bad without her." he says. I look up ino those ocean blue eyes. I snuggle into him. I almost forget my revenge. I almost feel bad, but I don't. I can tell he knows what I'm thinking about because he has a huge grin on his face. I decide to have some fun. I pinch his butt, and he jumps. I laugh. 

"Well, it was nice to see you Tobias. Would you like to stay here for a while? It will probably be hard to stay at home." My parents say.

"Sure, thanks."

"Goodbye Mr. and Mrs. Prior, and you too Caleb. I will be right back." and Caleb nods. I almost forget he was there. He was on the couch. 

"Call us Andrew and Natalie." My mom says. She smiles, and hugs my dad, but like a sideways hug.

"Goodnight." he says and walks out.

"I'm going to walk him to his house. He probably needs help cleaning up." I say.

"Okay."

I just helped him grab clothes and stuff. 

We sleep in my bed, and I fall asleep taking in that wonderful smell, sweat and metal. I'm so ready for this prank.

~~~~At School~~~~

When we get to school, Tobias' locker has Twilight all over it. I laugh. "What the?" he says. "I bet it was Uriah and Zeke! Uri! Zeke!" he yells as he runs down the hallway.

Once we've gotten out of the last period of the day, we walk out of the school. I guess he couldn't take it anymore. "Did you do it?"

"Ya, shouldn't mess with me huh?"

"It wasn't funny Tris!" he yells. I look over to him, and he's crying. "You know how much abuse I've been getting, and I know abuse." I didn't realize, his father was just put in jail, wow. I'm such a jerk.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize-"

"Save it. We're done."

What have I done. Is all that keeps playing in my head over and again, like a tape on repeat, but this dosen't stop. It's unlimited for the amount of time it can take up. I will have nothing to live for now, so I just cry. I fall to my knees, and cry. Christina comes up to me and comforts me. "Hey, it's going to be alright. The guys are talking to Four." and that is what I will have to call him from now on, Four. 

"No it won't, but thanks." I say. 

~Tobias POV :D~

Since Tris is playing her game, I'm playing mine. I didn't really want to break up, but I pretended I did, just to make her realize, I will not let anyone know my secret. 

~Two days later~

Tris, looks terrible. She's barely paying attention in class, I haven't been staying at her house, and she has bags under her eyes. I feel really bad. The gang knows, but thinks I should tell her before she tries to kill herself, which I'm not going to be surprised if that happened, but I won't let it. I'm going to talk to her today. 

At lunch I go up to her, but she talks first. "I'm so sorry. I am a big jerk. You don't deserve me. I love you, but say goodbye, because tomorrow, I won't be here. I love you, and I don't deserve to be with you if all I do is make your life so hard. I'm so sorry. I do put you through those things, and you st by watching me sit through pain,  but only causing you the same pain, just ten times worse. Goodbye." and she runs away with a tear streaked face.

What have I done.

Thanks, and it will be okay, maybe. Bye! (I feel really evil) ~an evil Lily