Chapter 23

Please comment ideas! I have writers block. It would really help.

~Tris POV~

I can't stand it anymore! I can't watch the love of my life just sit by and watch me suffer, causing him pain, and then get emotionally abused at school because I made I silly prank. I'm just done. I don't have the one person I need, Toby. Literally, my oxygen tank is named Toby.

I drive my car home, and I go straight up to my giant room, lay on the bed, which is by my open window, and sob. I just sob. My mom comes in. "Honey! What's wrong! Baby, shh, shh, it's going to be okay." she pulls me into a hug. "What happened?" she asks.

"T-Toby bro-oke up-p-p with me-e." I say, trying so hard not to cry.

"Oh, honey. Why?"

"Because I played a prank to get him back, *sniffle* and he said it was too much abuse, and he's right. *sniffle* I make him sit through too much pain, and I would've dumped myself too if I were him." I say.

"I'm going to go talk to him." she says. I'm not going to object. I hate myself for doing that. I can't believe I was so stupid. I decide to pick up my book, The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls, and read. I look out my window. I see Tobias- no, Four now, staring at me through my window. I look away, and keep reading, stealing a glance every ten seconds or so. I see him leave, and I know it's my mom. I look to the front porch. She starts to talk. I see her smiling, and I see him crying. She hugs him. But then something weird happens, she stays on his front porch, and he walks inside. He goes into his room, and grabs something white. He comes back down to the front door, and gives it to my mom. She smiles, says something, and leaves.

As she walks back into the house, she calls my name. "Tris, honey, can you come down here?"

"Ya, hold on."

When I get downstairs, she has a huge smile on her face. "I think you are going to want to read this." she says.

"Okay. Let me see." and she hands me a beautifully wrapped letter. I gasp.

"Mom, it's beautiful."

"Read it."

"Okay, I'm going to go in my living room." A/N yes, she has her own living room.

I head up, and on my way I pass my window. I see To- Ugh! Four, crying. I take out a piece of paper. On it I write "I'm sorry" in blue, the same blue as his eyes, and in tiny letters under I wrote "(I'm reading your letter right now)" in the blue that is the color of my eyes. I tape it to the window. I knock on it, and he looks. I run away.

When I get into my living room, I turn on the TV. I like background noise. The volume is already low, four actually. Irony. I open the letter. It's written in blue pen, my eye color. I laugh, and a single tear falls down my face. I don't bother to wipe it away.

~The Letter~

Dear Beatrice Prior,

I love you. Not for just what you are, but what I am with you. I want to spend every wakening moment with you. I could talk about you all day, every minute, second, millisecond, for eternity, and still would have a million more things to say about you. You don't just forgive people because it's the right thing to do, it's because you still want them in your life. I will always forgive you. I only broke up with you as a joke. Just talk to me. Is that too much to ask? Missing you is my hobby, caring about you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life. Whatever I do, it's always better with you. Without you, I'm like a shoe without it's laces, a runner without races, a summer without sun, time with you without fun, a plane that doesn't fly, a person who never dies, a nerd without braces, a sentence without spaces, a desk without a seat, socks without feet, and a heart missing its beat. I promise I will love you until the end, and even after that. So, if you will, can you come and talk to me? I'm so sorry.

I love you, Tobias Eaton

~End of Letter~

I'm crying, and I look up. My mom is in the doorway. "So, what did it say?"

"Read it," I hand it to her. "I'm going to go talk to him. How to I look?"

"Here," she wipes the tears from my face.

"Do I look like I've been crying?"

"No. You look beautiful."

"Thank you mom. "I give her a hug and kiss her cheek. "Bye!"

"Bye sweetie!"

I go to grab my phone on my porch leading off my window in my living room. I see him on the steps on the spiral staircase leading off my deck. He has a guitar. "Tobias?"

He looks up. "Tris!" he starts to strum the guitar, and sings a mash of songs, "These bruises make for better conversation. Loses, the vibe that separates, it's good to let you in again, you're not alone in how you've been. Everybody loses, we all got bruises. I love the way you make me feel. I got one less problem without you. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Almost is never enough. If our love's insanity, then why are you my clarity. Blow that whistle baby. Take me home. Wiggle wiggle wiggle. I'm sexy and I know it. When some one comes into your life, it's like they've been in your life forever. She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear. This is gonna be the best day of my life. Mary me, today and every day, marry me. Say something I'm giving up on you." I'm laughing and crying. He gets on one knee. "Tris," I gasp. I am now walking slowly to him. " I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so will you marry me?" We are almost done with high school, four weeks left.

"Yes!" I run down the stairs, into his arms. "I love you!"

"I love you too."

He slips a ring on my finger engraved with 4+6 on the inside, and on the outside, a single diamond. "It's beautiful." I say.

"Thanks. I looked forever, I didn't want a big ring."

"Thank you so much Toby!"

"Now, turn around." he says. I do. Oh. My. Gosh.

Hehehehehe, the surprise is good, I'll tell you that much. I can hopefully update tomorrow. I get to go see TFIOS tomorrow! I'm so exited! Also, Olivia- @liv18leo, did you finish the book?