Part 6

The officers had left but officer Tay had stuck around . He was telling me how beautiful i am and that i shouldn't be going thru what im going thru . Then i started telling him that it started after we got married. He said a man shouldnt lay his hand on a woman unless he whipping her tears . I started to cry then he took his little mirror out his pocket and said loom at you , your face is all fucked up , you have a beautiful face dont let him mess it up anymore . I looked up and seen Charles standing in the door , i hesitated ummm umm why is he here , Officer Tay turned around he called for back up . Charles said i came here to apologize . Officer Tay said sir you cant be around her . He said thats my wife yes i can . he said no she filled a restraining order , Charles said she wouldnt , i replied i did im afraid Charles i dont want to be around you . I seen the look on his face & i was scared immediately. He looked at me & said fine then left . Officer Tay asked me when you get all healed will go out with me , i said are you asking me on a date , he said yes . I said idk Charles will hurt me . He said fuck Charles , idc about him , i want to treat you like the beautiful woman you are . I replied idk , he saif think about it then he left.

The next day i was released , i was scared to go home . I didnt know if Charles was there or not . Officer Tay walked in , I'm here to take you home . I said how sweet but you dont have to he said i want to so lets go . As we were walking out Charles stopped us um what is going on here Charles asked .  Officer Tay said im going to take her home & if you bother her i will beat your ass myself. Charles said that is my fucking property ill do what ever i want to her . then the officer said no the fuck you won'tnd ill make sure of it . Charles said you can't save her he said you wanna bet then we walked off.

On the ride home i was quiet, i know Charles not going to stay away i just know it. Officer Tay asked me was i okay i shooked my head no . He said i promise you im going to make sure he doesn't hurt you again . I said you dont know him . He's probably inside my house hiding waiting for me. He said who said anything about you going home . i said i have to go home, he said no you dont , you coming to stay with me for awhile . I replied i dont and plus i have children he said so when its time for them to get out of school we're going to get them and you all are staying with me until you find somewhere else . I looked at him & smiled.