Mermaids Hatred

When I awoke, it was well into the morning. The sunlight had chosen a spot, unfortunately right in my eyes.

I groaned, but soon excitement bubbled within me. The whole reason I was feeling so groggy was thanks to my little delivery. Lucky bastards they were, I didn't even charge them for one-day shipping.

I stretched, slipping a stained shirt on. I wouldn't keep it, but it's so soft that I just had to keep it. Now it's only purpose was to accompany me when I'm just looking for something comfortable to wear. 

Anyways, I'm straying from the story, and I can only imagine you have so much time before the next one comes along, so let's pick up the pace a little, yes?

I flicked on the news, turning up the volume so I could listen for any sign that my little birdy had been reported to the police. Oh, I would love that. Sure, It would lead to heightened security, and I most certainly wouldn't get any money out of it, but it would cause so much fear within the public.

Oh, to be the cause of such fear, that idea is almost as exciting as taking my dear Ariel and transforming her into my little mute mermaid. My own pet.

But, unfortunately, my point had made it's mark. As I fixed myself a delicious ham sandwich, the news only cycled through such bland stories, all melding together.

That's the problem with regular criminals, they have no tact.

I sighed. The only way I'd know if he had received my demand is if he follows through. But, that was still a few days away. 

Oh, but before then, I would have my Ariel and her friend. Just thinking about it was enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Looking back, I shouldn't have been so cheery.