Mermaids Strike

Fortunately, their car was still in the lot when I had gotten back

The eight on my van's clock slid down, making way for the nine. I had spent the last half hour in the lot, after exercising all means of entertainment in the small town. I hadn't found any pepper spray, but I had found a nice cologne that smelled of the ocean. I had already spritzed myself and tucked the bottle away in my breast pocket.

I climbed out, two handkerchiefs tucked through my belt. Staying out of the shop's view, I staked out a nice spot, hiding behind a truck, the wheels concealing my legs. I couldn't stand up fully, but I only needed enough that I could launch myself at one of them.

It took those fools twenty minutes to leave. At one point, my legs even started to fall asleep, but I remained vigilant.  I wouldn't let this opportunity disappear.

Finally, something exciting happened.

I heard a door tinkle, the sound of beautiful, angelic laughter, and two light people walking. One was wearing high heels, while one was wearing flip flops, according to the sound of their shoes. 

They grew closer, closer, closer... and then, a brunet passed me. And behind her, was my ruby, so beautifully polished.

I made my move.