Mermaid's Plans

It was time

It was time. That phrase echoed throughout my head as I slid into my van, putting my ransom on the seat next to me, where I had placed Attina's clothes not too long ago. Looking back, if I could, I wouldn't have planted the evidence, but back then, that was the clearest path.

Speaking of, it still hasn't been found. It's foolish to hope, but still, I hope that they're not found until much later, if at all. The pressure feels like it's getting heavier and heavier, lapping up at my neck, and I would rather not drown.

Why am I feeling pressured, though? I need to be rational. I mean, they haven't found the clothes, and sure the police came to my door, but they went to everyone's. They don't suspect me. And Ariel may not be fond of me, but she won't have a choice soon.

I took in a deep breath and drove off.

Finally, I was here. I had to be careful to avoid any cameras that may be outside of establishments, so it took me awhile, especially since I just had to choose a town thirty minutes away, and the old coot was on the furthest edge he could possibly be.

But, I was able to make it here. I slid my hood over my luxurious locks and pulled the strings. I figured this would be low-profile enough that If I was somehow pulled over, they wouldn't have any evidence to suspect me, and yet it would cover my features enough that if there was a camera, I would not be caught.

And of course, I had a pair of gloves on. There was none of my DNA anywhere to be found on them.

Sidling out of my car, package in tow, I made my way towards the small, charming, house. 

Looking back, I should have been more conscious of where I bought my hoodie. Would it have helped? I don't know, but you need something, don't you? Meahnan?