Mermaids Kiss

We were trapped, no way to escape

We were trapped, no way to escape. I had been foolish, and looking back there's so much I would change so I wouldn't be caught.

A rookie mistake.

As I stood on the edge of the cliff, holding onto Ariel with one hand and a knife with the other, I felt a strange sense of peace. Whether it was fear, spite, or acceptance, I can't recall. I just felt the need to taunt the police for one last time, give the helicopters that beautiful shot to broadcast to the whole world.

"Don't come any closer, or I slit her throat!" I screamed, and swung the knife to give weight to the threat.

"Sir, we just want to talk! Put the weapon down!" A young fellow tried, the delightful stress painting across his face. How long would he last?

Well, I wasn't one to find out. I smirked, no mask, just let my face snarl like I never had before. Taking my time, I dragged my gaze to meet the eyes of anyone who gave me attention, and keeping the stare steady, I pulled Ariel's head up for a kiss. Her mouth was salty, and the little stub swung back and forth as she panicked. 

How thrilling, was the last thought that crossed my mind.

And, with a step back, we fell.

Down and down we went, falling for what seemed like an eternity. Until finally, we hit water. My body stung from the impact, and holding tight to my jewel, I released all the air I could from my lungs, and willingly took in the cold, salty water like it was air, despite the stinging it left behind.

I like to think we took our last breaths together, looking up to see the horrified faces we left behind.

Kidnapping girls with a ghoulish smile

He was crueler than a crocodile.

Dragging innocents to an unfortunate end

Just how many did he send?

This is not the finish though it may be close

We have yet to answer something before we can add any bows.