Mermaids Drive (Part One)

I took in a deep breath, boredom already seeping throughout my mind

I took in a deep breath, boredom already seeping throughout my mind. It was four pm, and I was parked near Ariel's house. If you remember sir... Ma'am? Eh, whatever. After I had finally met Ariel, when she left the parking lot of that run down charity shack I had followed her to her house and saved the location for later.

After a few minutes, some movement caught my attention. Ahead of me, my ruby was climbing into her car. She looked excellent, wearing a simple floral patterned dress that went past her knees. She was on the phone, talking casually. Then the door slammed, and a few minutes later, she revved up her car and drove away.

I waited ten seconds and drove after her. She drove just as slowly and cautiously as she had a few days ago, so it wasn't hard to catch up to her in the slightest. I stayed a little behind her, hiding behind a car that pulled in front of me not long after we had left.

It had been about ten minutes after we left when she pulled in front of a dainty little home, surrounded by some sort of flowers. As I pull over, taking advantage of a neighbor's empty driveway, I muse to myself. Perhaps, with that in mind, if Aquata is a good little mermaid, she may even get a pretty little flower to remind her of home.

It takes them a few minutes to get sorted, but they soon pull out. That, in itself, relieves me a little. It would do me no good if Ariel picked up some other chick, or if they didn't go, my plans would be shattered.

And I hate when that happens.