Chapter 7- Juli in Loguetown

Two days later...

Juli smiled beautifully as the sea breeze ruffled through her hair. Her arms rested upon the railing as she gazed at the glistering water below. The sunlight shone down upon her figure, painting her in an angelic light. Smoker stared at her from a bit of distance and shook his head softly. For some reason, he kept getting flustered around the stunning princess, something that bugged him for more than one reason. He disliked such display of awkwardness and thus had tried to avoid her these last days. That had proven to be quite difficult considering she seemed to be the most innocent person he had ever met, thus causing him more than a little trouble. With a small annoyed sigh, he remembered how some of his men had tried to flirt with someone as young as her. It had absolutely infuriated him how little respect the soldiers seemed to have.

However, he soon dismissed those thoughts when he noticed a marine soldier approaching him.

"Captain Smoker, we will reach Loguetown in an hour."

"Good. Prepare to anchor on the docks, we will stock up our preparations and then head out to Marine HQ!" Smoker answered gruffly and the marines saluted.

Juli, who had listened in on their conversation, turned around and looked at Smoker curiously. "We will stop at Loguetown?" She inquired softly even when a spark of childish excitement lit up her eyes.

"Yes. I'm sorry but we have to buy provisions for the Grandline." He answered slowly while inhaling the smoke of his cigars.

"Oh, that's completely fine. This is just like a big adventure for me after all!" She answered happily, clearly excited about this little stop at the town.

Smoker glanced back at her and couldn't help but smile back. "You never left your island before?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, skeptical.

"No, I always had something to do on Seinaru ever since my mother's death. But it was always fun and I like being around the villagers so I never was bothered about my responsibilities. But I have to admit, it's...refreshing to be able to travel like this." She admitted with softer eyes. "If it's not a bother, could you tell me something about Loguetown?" She asked him curiously.

"I'm the Captain of the Marine Base in Loguetown so I can tell you quite a bit about the city. Loguetown is located on the Polestar Islands. It's known as The town of the beginning and the end. Loguetown was also the birth- and death place of the Pirate King." Smoker explained and exhaled smoke from his cigar.

Juli's eyes widened at that in realization, a bright smiling lighting up her features. "Ahh! That's why I've heard of it! So the Pirate King died there, huh?" She inquired and looked at the approaching island in interest.

"Yes. He was executed on the execution platform there. Since I have been the Captain of the Marine Base, I have never let a pirates pass onto the Grandline."

Juli's head tilted as she gazed back at him in interest. "That's really admirable. The marines must be grateful for your good work!" She praised him with a cute smile. "By the way, do you think I have time to look around the city?" She requested suddenly and looked up at him pleadingly.

Smoker stared at her begging expression for a moment before sighing in defeat. "Sure, it will take three to four hours to restock the ship anyways. If you want to, I can give you a tour around town." He offered with a shrug of his shoulders.

Juli smiled brightly at that. "Thank you so much ~ That would be really amazing!"

Smoker felt a blush rise on his cheeks at her smile and quickly looked away from her with a grumble. "Sure, no problem." 'Why did I offer to give her a tour again? Ugh, it's going to be such a hassle...' He thought grumpily, but really couldn't get himself to regret this decision.