Chapter 80- Rayleigh's connection to Juli

"Jiji?!" The Strawhats shouted in surprise and looked from Juli back to Rayleigh flabbergasted. Luffy just blinked at that in surprise.

Rayleigh smiled amused at that and looked fondly at Juli. "To say, it was a surprise to see you alive and kicking, Juli-chan, is an understatement. I still have no idea what happened or how you can stand here, but nevertheless, I'm glad."

Juli smiled cheerily and warmly at him. "It's great that I can finally meet you, Rayleigh-jiji. Dad told me a lot about you."

Rayleigh laughed at that. "Oh, is that so? I wonder what the brat told you... Probably nothing good..."

Juli giggled amused at that, because in fact, her father only told her good things about the First Mate of the Roger Pirates, who, just like Roger, was a father figure for Shanks.

"You know this old geezer, Juli-nee?" Luffy asked her in slight confusion, but also intrigued.

Juli smiled softly at that. "Not exactly, I can't remember meeting him. But Rayleigh-jiji is an old friend of both Mom and Dad."

Rayleigh chuckled at that. "Well, it certainly would surprise me if you could still remember me. The time I meet you, you were just a cute little baby that had a fascination for my beard!" He grinned nostalgic at that before he looked softly back to Juli. "But my, my... You certainly grew up. And how beautiful you have become..." He shook his head with a soft sigh and smiled warmly. "You really look a lot like Rose."

Juli smiled sadly at that and looked down to the ground. "Thank you."

"Oi, Nami..." Usopp whispered to the orange-haired girl. "D-Did I get it right and this strong old geezer is something like a grandfather-figure for Juli?!"

Nami just sweat dropped at that. "Yes, I think so.... But either way.... Juli's family consist of monsters just as much as Luffy's." She deadpanned and Usopp could just nod at that in agreement.

Rayleigh looked meanwhile thoughtfully at Juli. "What happened to Seinaru really was a tragic, Juli-chan. I don't know what happened and neither do I want to know and get pulled into whatever is going on... But does your father now that you're alive?" He asked her seriously.

Juli bit on her lip at that before she shook her head sadly. "No... I wasn't able to find him until now."

Rayleigh sighed at that and ran his fingers through his long white hair. "I see... That's not good." He frowned seriously as he looked back at Juli before his eyes softened. "I guess that's one of the reasons you travel with the Strawhats? ...Together with having a little brother now, huh?" He smirked, amused by the fact that Juli already had accepted Luffy as her little brother, the same boy Shanks talked so much about like he was his own son.

Luffy's eyes widened at that. "Oi, old man, you know S-" But before Luffy could blurt out her father's name like it was nothing, Juli covered his mouth with her hand.

"Lu... Remember what we talked about. It's a secret." Juli whispered to him seriously and Luffy's eyes widened in understanding.

"Shishishi. Oops. Sorry Juli-nee." Luffy rubbed the back off his neck nervously at that and Juli just shook her head fondly.

Rayleigh smiled nostalgic at that... Seeing already how much Luffy resembled his deceased captain.

Law just smirked more after he had listened to Juli's conversation with Rayleigh. 'So, the Dark King knows Juli's father... This makes things even more interesting. I would have never expected that her father would be such a famed pirate...'