Chapter 43- Goodbye to the Akagami Pirates and Meeting someone mysterious?!

Juli smiled cheerily as her father finished telling her the tale of how he met her mother. "That was sooo cute~"

Shanks smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah… I guess." He chuckled awkwardly, but then looked at his daughter with a soft smile.

"Can you tell me more of your adventures? They sound really exciting! And how did you find your crew?" Juli asked him in excitement.

Shanks smiled at that in fondness and ruffled her hair. "Of course, my little princess."

And so, Shanks began to tell Juli more about his exciting adventures and how he met his friends. The sun began to set as they both laughed together as well as enjoying the company of each other, finally having time to bond as a father and daughter.

One week later…

Juli ran onto deck of the Red Force while smiling cheerily. She spotted Ben, who was waving at her in greeting. "Hello Uncle Bennie. Do you know where Daddy is?"

Ben smiled secretly. "No, I don't… But you know that you should go to the Doc today, right? Your bandages can finally be removed."

"Ah, right. Thanks for reminding me, Uncle Bennie!" Juli thanked him with a happy smile and ran towards the doctor on board of the Red Force.

Ben looked softly after her. Suddenly, Shanks appeared from behind Ben. "Is she gone?" He asked him while looking around the deck.

Ben sighed at that. "Yes, but you shouldn't be so secretive… She knows we have to continue sailing today, before the marines get suspicious."

Shanks sighed at that. "I know, I know, Bennie… But I want to give something to my strong, cute, little daughter before we go." He opened the red velvet case in his hands and showed it contents to his first mate with a proud smile. "I extra let somebody craft that for Juli-chan…"

Ben whistled impressed as he looked at the expensive looking golden necklace in the case. "Well, I'm sure she will like it."

Shanks smiled softly. "I hope so…"

A few hours later, time for the Akagami Pirates to set sail again…

Shanks looked softly down at his daughter. "I'm sorry, but we really have to leave now, my little princess… And I'm so sorry that I have to leave you alone again..." He ruffled her hair affectionately with a sad smile on his face.

Juli smiled cheerily at him. "No, I understand it. Don't worry Daddy… I promise that when you visit me again, Seinaru is going to be a great influence in this world as well as open up for everybody without any discrimination! That's my dream!" Juli said excited with a determined glint in her turquoise eyes.

Shanks' eyes watered at that and he couldn't help but hug Juli tightly. "My beautiful little princess is so strong…" He smiled touched, being unbelievable proud of his daughter.

Ben, who was watching the goodbye from the ship, sweat dropped at that and shook his head in fondness. 'If it continues like that… I wonder if Shanks will ever leave…'

Juli just giggled at that and hugged her father back.

After a few minutes of just hugging each other, Shanks let go of her and looked at her with a small smile. "But before I go, I have to give you something…" And with that he reached into the pocket of his trousers and took out a red velvet case.