Soul Mates

Soul mate tattoos, quite the phenomenon no one will ever completely get. Many scientists and historians have tried creating theories to solve it, but none have been successful. Many give up, or accept the fact it is a mystery that may not be solved.

What is a soul mate tattoo, you may ask? Well, it's a tattoo that is completely permanent and painless. You see, it's a tattoo that shows up on your right wrist, anytime between ages thirteen and fifteen, though, rarely, it may show up as late as your eighteenth birthday. It says your soul mate's first name and last initial. No further information.

Some people wait their entire lives to find their mate. Some die without ever knowing. Some marry people who aren't their soul mates, so they aren't alone forever. Some search forever, looking at everyone's wrists. Others don't care enough, covering their tattoo with a watch or bracelet.

Reagan Troy-Paige got her tattoo abnormally early in life. She was almost ten years old when it had shown up. She had been putting on a bracelet, when she saw the curvy writing on her wrist. 'Louis A.'

"Mom! Mom!" She had yelled, running down the hallway to the small kitchen.

"Reagan, what's wrong?" The little girl showed her mother her wrist. "That's amazing! Lewis," the mom smiled slightly.

"No, I think it's Louis. Lou-ee. I think it's French." The mother rolled her eyes, before shooing her daughter to get changed.

That day, and the rest of the year, the young child was the most envied girl at her school, getting her tattoo before people three, four, even five grades ahead.

Now, in late 2014, Reagan is almost twenty, her birthday on New Year's Eve. She has yet to find her mate, after ten years, but also has yet to give up. She wants to find her mate. Louis.

She never understood how people could give up so easily on their mates, or hide their tattoo. That's why she disliked most celebrities. Many covered their tattoos, if they weren't already with their soul mate. But celebrity couples like Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards had already found each other, so they show theirs off. She liked others like Ed Sheeran and Niall Horan, who never had intentionally hidden theirs. The watches always on the left wrist, and sleeves pulled up when possible.

The Sarasota native always had hers on show, wearing sleeves short or rolled or none at all. She wanted the find her other half, for the less time it took her to find them, the more time she could spend with them.

When Reagan begins to question her search and everything she's gone through, one meeting sends her life spiraling. Struggling, she juggles finding out who Louis A. is, being signed as One Direction's stylist, and helping her stepfather support her mother - and baby siblings - who had supported her for so many years.