Chapter Thirteen

It's been a few weeks now, since New Year's. I've gotten even more comfortable with everyone, and Lux is attached to me. Which is totally okay with me. I've been homesick a bit, but the boys are good at distracting me from that. Crystal texts me-and Josh-all the time, and she also send me pictures of my siblings.

I burned the boys' CDs to my laptop, and I'll admit, they're one of my favorite artists now, behind Hunter Hayes, of course. My favorite songs have to be Don't Forget Where You Belong, Up All Night, Over Again, Night Changes, and You And I.

At the moment, we are in Texas, and we drive everywhere since that first plane ride. The boys are amazed at how quickly my body adapts to the time zones, but not the weather. In fact, the weather had been horrible to my body. I'm always cold and wearing the boys' sweaters, because theirs are thicker than mine.

Today, I've got Louis' black and white sweater on, and my black leggings. I took a shower, but I'll change later.

I make Niall the smoothie he wanted, and add a little whipped cream atop the banana and chocolate mixture. "Here you go," I hand it to him, and he grins, kissing my cheek.

"Love you, Raymond."

"Love you, too, Nianna." Oh, yeah. Everyone has picked up on how Crystal and I call each other guy names. Niall is Nianna, Harry is Harriet, Liam is Liandra, Zayn is Zaynah, Louis is Elouise, Dan is Danielle, Jon is Joannah, Josh is Joslin, Sandy is Sandra, Lux is Alex, Lou is Lewis, and we secretly call Paul, Paulina. I'm sure he knows, but he won't yell at me.

We hear some coughing and sniffling, and look up. Louis is standing there, covered in his blanket. He, in all honesty, looks terrible. "What's wrong?" I ask, jumping up next to him. He just coughs and sneezes. "You're going back to bed." I lead him back to his room, and have him lie down. I retrieve him a glass of water, and feel his forehead. Annoyed by my cold hand not being able to feel anything, I rest my cheek on his forehead, like my momma used to. I pull away quickly; he's burning up. "There's no way you're performing tonight."

"But, Reagan-" his hoarse voice starts.

"No, Louis. You aren't performing. You are staying here." He sighs, turning to lay on his front, his head jutting out to the side. I kiss the side of his forehead, before going out to the others. "He is not performing tonight. He's burning up and can barely talk."

"We'll have to perform without him," Niall sighs.

"Is that what y'all do when one of you is sick?"

Liam nods. "Sadly. I don't like it, but the only way were canceling is if three of us are sick."

I nod. "I'll tell him." I go inside and tell him. "Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, it's okay, I'll be... Never mind, stay," he whispers, giving me goosebumps.

"Okay, hold on." When I go back out, Lou and Paul are also there. They look at me, probably wanting to hear what's with Louis. "Just a bit of a cold, I think. He wants me to stay back. Lou, if I give you the outfits, could you get them ready?" The woman nods. "That's okay with you, right, Paul?" He nods. "Thank you both." I hug them.

-:-

Soon, everyone leaves, and Louis is asleep. I'm sat on the couch, quietly watching reruns on Friends in the dark room. Louis passed out after a bunch of water and some coaxing. He's not too stubborn, but stubborn enough that he should be slightly irritating. I'm not really agitated at him as I should be. I find it quite odd.

"Now I know why all the trees change in the fall,
I know you were on my side
Even when I was wrong..."

My thoughts are interrupted by Louis' voice singing The Best Day by Taylor Swift. But it isn't actually him, I'm sure as soon as I see a phone on the coffee table. I know it's Louis' when my eyes settle on the contact picture of Louis and who I assume is his mother. The name says 'Mummy Bear'. I hesitate for a second, before answering. "Louis' phone."